Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband recommendation

Options
  • 02-06-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some recommendations for broadband providers in the Celbridge area. I know Ice Broadband is available but the opinion on them from some posts I've read here is less than favourable. I have tried Clearwire in the past and found them to be a horrible mess. Ideally I'd like a 6mb connection but I'll take what I can get. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

UPC
    Smart
    DSL
    IBB Breeze
    Magnet

Steer clear of
    Clearwire
    3G/Mobile
    IBB Ripwave
    Satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for the reply. I didnt realize some of the ISP's you mentioned were available in the area. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Diceicle wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I didnt realize some of the ISP's you mentioned were available in the area. Thanks again.

Sorry diceicle i dont know if they are available . I just listed with good speeds or no cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Jenniferhough

Hi all

I am a journalist looking into this whole area... Heard a lot of complaints about a company called broadband.ie.. is it more widespread than this?
    What are the main problems you are all experiencing?
    Hoping to do a piece on this soon so any info much appreciated!

You can reply to me here or at hough_jennifer@hotmail.com

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi all

I am a journalist looking into this whole area... Heard a lot of complaints about a company called broadband.ie.. is it more widespread than this?
    What are the main problems you are all experiencing?
    Hoping to do a piece on this soon so any info much appreciated!

You can reply to me here or at hough_jennifer@hotmail.com

Thanks

Eh? There is no company called broadband.ie, that domain name is just a redirect to the Smart Telecom homepage and they have a good reputation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement