Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water supply cut off - again!

Options
  • 02-06-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Grange residents woke up this morning to find their water supply cut off.
    Why? no idea. Putting out an announcement on OceanFM for example was too much for the County Council staff (if any of them are around), and their so called emergency phone number was not answered.

We have been here before but there is no change of attitude at Hillbilly Hall (sorry, I mean the offices of Sligo County Council :rolleyes:).

Time to replace the local staff with East Europeans? that gets my vote!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭cronndiesel

ooowww! careful essex boy! i got a red rectagle over a race related utterence today

maybe its just a burst pipe is it al over the area or just the town?? with the sheer volume of sudden development these days theres a rats nest of pipe work under us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

ooowww! careful essex boy! i got a red rectagle over a race related utterence today

maybe its just a burst pipe is it al over the area or just the town?? with the sheer volume of sudden development these days theres a rats nest of pipe work under us!

It is the area served by North Sligo Waterworks - Grange, Cliffoney, etc. The County Council discharged water from it into the Grange river a few months back and killed all the fish.
    What brasses me off is the lack of explanation and the fact that the "emergency phone" is never answered. Some guy is paid to do a job and if he cannot do it, he should be replaced. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

He should be made to smell all your unwashed (due to no water for showers) armpits!!

That'd teach him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Essexboy wrote: »
    It is the area served by North Sligo Waterworks - Grange, Cliffoney, etc. The County Council discharged water from it into the Grange river a few months back and killed all the fish.
    What brasses me off is the lack of explanation and the fact that the "emergency phone" is never answered. Some guy is paid to do a job and if he cannot do it, he should be replaced. :mad:

Relax, It's not the end of the world man. It's back on since 10am.
    As for the incompetent council man..."Off with his head I say"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The water in Ballinacarrow was off all day on Sunday, no idea why and nothing mentioned on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'll be honest - if I ever have to go without running water, heads will roll.

At the very thought of skipping a shower I turn into a total greaseball. Ah, there I go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Macroom Man

Jabby wrote: »
    Relax, It's not the end of the world man. It's back on since 10am.
    As for the incompetent council man..."Off with his head I say"

It is off again this afternoon.

It's back on since 10am. that is 10am on Tuesday, 2 nights and 1 day without it. Could not flush toilets, wash clothes, dishes or self. If a fire had broken out where would the water have come from?

As for the incompetent council man..."Off with his head I vote for another part of his anatomy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Has anyone been able to speak to anyone in the council about what's going on yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

takola wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to speak to anyone in the council about what's going on yet?

My neighbour rang Water services at 9am on Tuesday and was told the Council had only found out about the problem that morning!
    They are now threatening to cut off water between 10pm and 8am.
    I heard that at least one person has written to the County Manager to complain about the Council's failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Essexboy wrote: »
    I heard that at least one person has written to the County Manager to complain about the Council's failures.
    And that is what each and every individual connected to that supply should do as well as CC'ing copies to the local councilors reminding them that if there's no water there's no votes next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement