Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Solar Powered Floodlight

Options
  • 02-06-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering wheather any of you knew of a place in Ireland/UK where I could get a outdoor solar powered floodlight.

Been looking at the one from the US and they are getting mixed reviews

For example

The yard I would like to light up is approx 50 - 30 feet so its not to big.

Also if anyone has any views on theses products I would welcome the feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Saw them in Woodies coolock yesterday, approx €50

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

thats class , ill have to call in there during the week so.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

bought one in maplin for €32 last week. it takes a few days to fully charge-so far it resembles a beam of moonlight rather than a spotlight- a weak beam at that-time may tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I would have thought that solar power (especially in this country) is not suitable to operate a floodlight - they generally use 300 or 500W lamp and no way would your typical solar cell be able to provide enough juice for a decent output.

Solar-recharged cells are fine for garden effect lighting, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

yes but if even the light gets modest sunlight during the day, the floodlight itself would not need much power at night, esp where im going to use it, over in the yard where there is not to much activity

• Advertisement
Advertisement