Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get hard drive 'clips'?

Options
  • 02-06-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

I reckon most of my difficulty comes from not knowing what to call these little things, but they're plastic clips that clip onto the side of a hard drive, and then are slipped into the harddrive bay (screwless mounts?)

Normally these items would come with a new case, but I bought my system from jes.de a couple of years ago, and I didn't get any spare plastic-what-clips-to-the-side-of-the-hard-drive-instead-of-screws thingies.

I only need one set of two, but I'd buy a bag of the yokes as long as I get at least one set. I don't much fancy waiting to get a new case before being able to put my new 500gb drive in.

Anyone have any idea where to get these? Or even the proper term for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

the majority of them are case specific so firstly whats your case and secondly hit ebay cause theres no generic "hard drive rails" available. Best bet after ebay is to contact the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Bugger, I was hoping for some sort of standard.

The case belongs to a Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo T. I had already hit ebay, seeing a lot of Dell stuff there for 'rails'. Wasn't sure if that was really what I was looking for, partially due to my not knowing what the correct term for what I was looking for.

Cheers anyhow req, wish me luck with Fuj-Si tech support? :o

Spoke to the spares guys in the UK, can't help me without a machine reference. Model isn't enough apparently.. pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi,Do you have a spare 51/4" space?
    ie could you fit another cdrom to your case?
    If so why not get the adaptor which your hard drive will fit into screwed and this will fit in the 51/4 slot?

Regards,
    Kieran

Think the 5 1/4 bay is taken up with a wireless adapter. Ta for the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

i would take a look if i was you to see.I used to use these years ago for hard drives when the 31/4 bays were full.
    Which reminds me i have some new units in shed......

Regards,

Kieran

• Advertisement

Point is moot now. Treating myself to a new system altogether.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56184205&postcount=8

Advertisement