Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Level/Adult Education Centres

Options
  • 02-06-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Can't find a definitive list online.

I've got St Angelas, Sligo IT, Sligo CTC (Cleveragh), Fas ..... is there any more around the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There's the VEC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Xiney wrote: »
    There's the VEC as well.
    Cheers, where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Are you looking for any particular type of course, or just a list.

The VEC is located opposite the town hall, the building next to quayside with the new front. They also run the college at the back of the IT, on the clarion road.

They are also a number of other colleges in places like tubercurry corran college I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

dingding wrote: »
    Are you looking for any particular type of course, or just a list.

The VEC is located opposite the town hall, the building next to quayside with the new front. They also run the college at the back of the IT, on the clarion road.

They are also a number of other colleges in places like tubercurry corran college I think.

Looking for a list tbh, www.goldenpages.ie has a list but looks incomplete.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Sligo VEC is terrific. I had a great chat with Brian before Christmas as I will going to Sligo IT in Sept returning as a Mature Student. I live here but I am not from Sligo (Dublin). He was very helpful, from Donegal. The run Returning to Education courses for people who have been out of formal education for some time. The also run the Leaving Certificate if you are interested in it. Also language classes too!!! Irsh, Frencg, German, Spanish and I think although I am not sure Polish. Well worth a look at. Enjoy, plenty of options out there.

www.sligovec.ie

Den

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Please forgive my spelling earlier. Irish and French. It is either a combination of bad keyboard settings or more than likely me trying to type too fast. Peace

Advertisement