Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log Tables, Download?

• 02-06-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Log Tables to download?
    I just need to see what formulas are in them, and not in them so I can revise the ones that aren't there.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Can't find them online. But here's what's in them.

All the area and volume formulae are there, including Simpsons Rule.

Trig ones are there except for Cos = a/h and Sin = o/h.

Statistics, standard derivatives and integrals are all there too, plus the product + quotient rules.

Then if you do physics / applied maths there's linear motion, momentum/collisions, centripetal acceleration, Hooke's law, centre of gravities, pressure, thrust and moments of intertia.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Thanks! I only do Maths(Thankfully no more Physics)
    So all the area/volume? I thought there was one or 2 missing, like the Cone?
    Maybe I'm wrong, anyway thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

The cone is there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Challenged

Here is all the information that you need from the tables and where you need to use them. Use it to highlight the formulae in your own table book so you know where everything is when you are in the exam hall.

www.studentxpress.ie/tables.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Challenged wrote: »
    Here is all the information that you need from the tables and where you need to use them. Use it to highlight the formulae in your own table book so you know where everything is when you are in the exam hall.

www.studentxpress.ie/tables.pdf

Someone might interpret the above message to mean that you're allowed bring your own tables into the exam hall, which you're not.

(Did you mean that the act of highlighting the stuff makes you familiar with the layout of the book?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,756 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

went looking for those tables a few weeks back for my physics exam, no joy.

When I get my hands on a copy again though I will go ahead and scan them and put them out on the internets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I'm sure the lad will astonishingly fulfill his promise and after 4 years of waiting, he will triumphantly post it here. The fact that he is (ALLEGEDLY) based in South Carolina shouldn't be an obstacle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mixery wrote: »
    I'm sure the lad will astonishingly fulfill his promise and after 4 years of waiting, he will triumphantly post it here. The fact that he is (ALLEGEDLY) based in South Carolina shouldn't be an obstacle!
    Lol, he was in Ireland at the time, he lived here for several years before going back home.

Zombie thread go bye-bye nao!! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement