Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Big Brother Wannabees Jerks?

• 02-06-2008 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

The question is probably self explanatory.

However if you have been affected by the type of person who wants to be on Big Brother, well I wanna hear about it.

Last night on E4, I watched as a whole load of "people" attended the auditions.

Spider from BB6 or possibley BB7 ( who cares I say) , interviewed a wannabe who looked possibly homosexual, get all irate with Spider. Only minutes later feeling he blew his chances, met Spider to tell him that he "LOVED HIM" all the time sobbing like his Mom had died.

Another guy came as the down and out from Shameless, another as Marilyn Monroe.

Who are these people and should we have to stomach their empty irritating lives??

Please reply.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

When The revolution comes, these bastards will be first against the wall....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Meh personally I'd love to go on it. Only thing stoppin me is I've a missus who I wouldn't like to be bothered by the media while I was in there. Otherwise I would have auditioned over here this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Someone is watching it and making it worthwhile for C4 to put them on tv.

They all seem like eedjits. Could be the editing I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

They're people who *want* to be famous.

I don't mind people who become famous for having a talent or strive for fame because they know it will make them wealthy but these idiots just WANT the fame itself and would probably do all they do for free if truth be told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Yes, complete tossers.

Why the hell would any self respecting person put themselves through that? To be famous for a few months? Those people are missing something in their lives if they want to do that. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭rockysweatpants

Hey Celebs nowadays are famous for BEING famous and no real talent other than looking good, or having a romance.

Years ago, people like John Lennon existed and Bob Dylan and so on, who had original songs, talent and interesting things to say.

This lot do not have anything to say. Nasty Nick was great when it started 8 years ago. I really enjoyed the first one.

Now its odd balls. However that aint a bad thing. Some BB wannabes were very entertaining and funny ( although Im not sure that was their real aim ).

I feel its like the old putting people in 'The Stocks' of yesteryear, and chucking lettuce and fruit at them time with BB.
    Why? Well the British LOVE PAIN!! Its their show, they love knocking people.

All these people are doing is signing up for that.
    Does anyone agree???

Hey Celebs nowadays are famous for BEING famous and no real talent other than looking good, or having a romance.

Years ago, people like John Lennon existed and Bob Dylan and so on, who had original songs, talent and interesting things to say.

This lot do not have anything to say. Nasty Nick was great when it started 8 years ago. I really enjoyed the first one.

Now its odd balls. However that aint a bad thing. Some BB wannabes were very entertaining and funny ( although Im not sure that was their real aim ).

I feel its like the old putting people in 'The Stocks' of yesteryear, and chucking lettuce and fruit at them time with BB.
    Why? Well the British LOVE PAIN!! Its their show, they love knocking people.

All these people are doing is signing up for that.
    Does anyone agree???

Yeah I'd go along with that. And whatever about them being funny etc, who cares? You can go to the boozer and meet people like that who aren't attention seeking clowns.

That is soo True.
    I HATE comedians who pick on people, in the audience etc to get a cheap laugh.

I went my Xmas Party last christmas, and some arsehole came on 'dressed as a Turkey'.

He then started shouting at the audience saying stuff like, "Look under your seats - who is number 42'.

Let me explain - under our seats were numbers, whatever number he called out had to go up on stage and get humiliated 'for a ****ing laugh' so everyone else could laugh. How sad.

'COME ON UP HERE YA FAT BITCH' . Hey he actually said this the fool to a nice young lady.

I got up and left early, and ended up in 'Angels lapdance Club' instead.
    Hey I was much more happier there I can tell ye!!

I'd have got up and smacked him! :D Jeez what a tosser. A funkin' turkey outfit!

Empty vacuous programming for empty vacuous people tbh.

Ricky Gervais said it best.

• Advertisement

What can I say. Classic !!!

Ricky Gervaise puts it down clearly.

I LOVED that!!

Although because we live in a nanny state that clip from Extras should have had the audio blocked out and replaced with birds and crickets.

BB producers would 100% have done that.

They deny the public the Truth.

The Truth is that young naive hopefulls get their 15 mins of fame, and they pocket huge revenues from high viewing figures to money from phone texts etc

Pigman II wrote: »
    Although because we live in a nanny state that clip from Extras should have had the audio blocked out and replaced with birds and crickets.

In the same episode they took the piss out of that, too.

Wannabe Celebs are being duped by the lure of instant fame.

You dont wanna end up another figuer of ridiculousness

If BBC were smart they'd repeat that episode this week and plaster the trailers with all that BB bashing. It'd give punters a good reminder of what they might let themselves slip into again this summer and thus put a fair dent in C4's ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This year they should put 'em in Fritzl's cellar, see if they still want to be famous, when they let 'em out in 25 years time, instead of 3 months.

Now that would teach em!!!
    A japanese bb , got some guy and put him on his own for 1 whole year.
    Except being Japanese gameshow style , they did not tell him he was on 24 hours a day to the whole nation.
    Slowly he began to lose his mind, and go ga ga.
    This bemused the Japanese audience and he became a STAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

my brother auditioned 4 times now i think???he was on the front of the sun one year in an arse less cowboy outfit so yes most of them are attention seeking!!!he waas vice president of his student union and used this to get in the paper too like!!!

i remember seeing your brother on telly
    on the rte news i think - ha ha!!

Why would he want to be on BB????
    I myself could never do it, but am intrigued by people who do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

loosers

i remember seeing your brother on telly
    on the rte news i think - ha ha!!

Why would he want to be on BB????
    I myself could never do it, but am intrigued by people who do.

i dunno he's always wanted to something in tv like presenting so i suppose this was a way in. he's doing a tv production course at the moment so muct be trying to ge tin the back way now lol

must run in my family my cousin just took a job on TTV on rte he does it every thursday!!!too funny!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Your cousin couldnt get me a Job there flynnser19 no??

doubt it he only started lolol why??lolol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

SDooM wrote: »
    Empty vacuous programming for empty vacuous people tbh.

Ricky Gervais said it best.

Single best moment in Extra's and Gervais was spot on, you could tell that he actually meant every word.
    Originally posted by rockysweatpants
    That is soo True.
    I HATE comedians who pick on people, in the audience etc to get a cheap laugh.

I went my Xmas Party last christmas, and some arsehole came on 'dressed as a Turkey'.

He then started shouting at the audience saying stuff like, "Look under your seats - who is number 42'.

Let me explain - under our seats were numbers, whatever number he called out had to go up on stage and get humiliated 'for a ****ing laugh' so everyone else could laugh. How sad.

'COME ON UP HERE YA FAT BITCH' . Hey he actually said this the fool to a nice young lady.

I got up and left early, and ended up in 'Angels lapdance Club' instead.
    Hey I was much more happier there I can tell ye!!

What a tool. If I was there I would have echoed these fine words from 12 Angry Men, "If you say stuff like that to him(her) again... I'm gonna lay you out."

Advertisement