Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

musicians earplugs???

Options
  • 02-06-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hi all,
    just wondering where id be able to pick these up,i think my ears are due a pair.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I use these http://www.thomann.de/ie/alpine_music_safe_gehoerschutz.htm

Not expensive but cut down loads of volume and high frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

I have a pair of ear plugs I got made when I lived in Germany. They are molded to my ears and have replaceable filters in the centre with different db reduction ratios. They also offer a balanced reduction across all frequencies. I don't know if anywhere in Ireland is offering something like this. It might be worth trying companies that sell hearing aids (because it was generally the same crowds selling ear plugs in Germany).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I have a pair of ear plugs I got made when I lived in Germany. They are molded to my ears and have replaceable filters in the centre with different db reduction ratios. They also offer a balanced reduction across all frequencies. I don't know if anywhere in Ireland is offering something like this. It might be worth trying companies that sell hearing aids (because it was generally the same crowds selling ear plugs in Germany).

Frank Cass & Sons are the main dealers in Ireland for custom moulded attenuators with variable reduction filters. Prices are in the €200 area if I recall. A quick Google for his name should return contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Soundman wrote: »
    Frank Cass & Sons are the main dealers in Ireland for custom moulded attenuators with variable reduction filters. Prices are in the €200 area if I recall. A quick Google for his name should return contact details.

Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I've done a good bit of looking in Ireland for custom IEM's. Mostly what you get here is well over priced compared to what you can get online.

I got my impressions done in Ireland and the problem I had even getting just that done without the hard sell of his products was amazing. He wanted to hold onto them until i made my mind up on who to go for.

All of the IEM makers let you send them your impressions direct to them without the need of the middle man.

My advice, get the impressions done and shop around. If the Audiologist you went to is cheap enough then get them of him direct. In the end of the day there sent over seas to get made, cause from the looking i did there is no one in Ireland that makes the units themselves.

www.sensaphonics.com
    www.ulitmateears.com

Are just some of the ones i contacted. They make IEM's and plugs with different DB filters.

Just dug up a few emails, 800 euro for a dual driver IEM in Ireland, less than 500 online. 800 euro online gets you 3way drivers and custom paint job! Most of the companies hold your impressions for 2/3 years incase you need new ones. Also, the places in Ireland will tell you that if something happens you can just pop back to them with them and not have to send them over seas. The fact is that when they get them back they have to send them over seas in any way for servicing.

I hate being anti Irish in buying stuff, but its best to cut out the middle man if you can and save yourself some money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Twain

Unclebill
    What are the custom ear monitors like for isolation? Are they much better than top-end earphones with foam tips or much the same?

Advertisement