Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boulders Outside Bowefield

• 02-06-2008 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with McInerney putting down boulders outside of the Bowefield estate in Gracedieu?
    Seems strange on a Bank Holiday Monday?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

this like all related threads will end in this being locked

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill give you the chance to edit your post and title to refer more to the question and remove that extra comment at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You edited that just in time, next time, it's a nice holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Normally boulders are placed on grass verges, estate entrances etc to prevent illegal parking of caravans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You edited that just in time, next time, it's a nice holiday.
    Pheeww ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

its in anticipation of those nice people that come to neighbourhoods and over stay their welcome and wreck the place !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

daftdave banned for being daft.

No traveller bashing or flamebait folks.

Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

ah stop, sure thats political correctness gone mad, soon enough you wont be allowed have an traveller related password !

ah stop, sure thats political correctness gone mad, soon enough you wont be allowed have an traveller related password !

End of discussion, go to Feedback if you think we have gone PC mad. There is already a topic discussing it.

Back on topic please!

daftdave wrote: »
    its in anticipation of those nice people that come to neighbourhoods and over stay their welcome and wreck the place !
    With the size of those boulders I dont think there will be any visitors, unless they acquire a bulldozer first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

I seen them putting them down,it seems really stupid to put them down,why cant they just re-surface the road and widen it, i thought that was the plan

Construction traffic has more or less gone and all the bridge construction traffic goes to grannie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

As someone else has stated I'd guess it's to stop the travellers from moving in. THey can be seen on the Abbey Road in Ferrybank and off the Port Rd. They're a bloody eyesore but it's got to be done. etc.

trishw78 wrote: »
    As someone else has stated I'd guess it's to stop the travellers from moving in. THey can be seen on the Abbey Road in Ferrybank and off the Port Rd. They're a bloody eyesore but it's got to be done. etc.
    I suppose a few boulders outside is a lot better than a few dozen caravans alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

putting boulders there is probably cheaper than the inevitable cleanup bill and the possibility of the you know what demanding money so they'll move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

putting boulders there is probably cheaper than the inevitable cleanup bill and the possibility of the you know what demanding money so they'll move on.

Kinda like THIS? Cue inevitable lecture about berating travellers and how they're disadvantaged and marginalised.....

Freddie59 has taken a month holiday for ignoring forum charter, again.

Keep to the topic and to the charter folks.

Carry on.

Feedback is for Feedback people. Sorry that the ban stick has had to come out but we tried hard to prevent it coming to this but alas - it has. Keep to the topic and charter and all will be well.

There is a feedback thread (two of them) on this now so any further comments can go there. :)

Back to topic...

Topic Cleaned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I think the discussion is now dead.

I think the discussion is now dead.

Ya it doesnt seem to be going anywhere so perhaps now might be a good time to close it..

Topic Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement