Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get over isdn speed on 3mb bb connection

Options
  • 02-06-2008 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey guys for the last few months iv noticed my bb getting slower but there wernt huge diffrences.

Im on BT bussiness 3mb - On the Claregalway Exchange in Galway

but for the last 2-3 days my bb has hit rock bottom.my ping has gone up 20ms and i cant get over 30kbps down constant (sometimes it will burst to 1mb and then drop to 5kbps) .my upload seems to be fine.

i tried restrating the modem but dident fix anything.

anyone got any ideas on this ? is it just bt ****en around or could it be my side ?

has anyone experienced any thing like this before ?

andy

hope ye can help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

U sure ur not throttled? Although I've never heard of a business connection being throttled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Line stats, line stats, line stats. Nobody would even hazard a guess without you posting up your line stats.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have you downloaded much? BT have started throtling users who go over their cap (I think it was only over 100GBs).

Advertisement