Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband and Vista Update

Options
  • 02-06-2008 10:07pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

I know there was a thread a couple of weeks ago regarding this topic. However I've searched and can't find it.

Recently Vista stops recognising the modem after an update and the computer must be restarted. Then strangely, if you have something downloading in the background or a poker program running it remains unaffected.

But browsing web pages is impossible.

Was a solution identified for this by any chance?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lorraine1974

I don't think so I have been onto O2 yesterday morning and they are hoping for a fix sometime this week. In the meantime it's been going on for so long I decided to cancel and go with someone else so went in today to cancel and they guy in the shop said that all that needs to be done is the modem swapped out for the stick modem as opposed to the pepple shapped one as there is no issue with the stick modem.
    Gonna try it tomorrow and see if that is the case

Advertisement