Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian ''tourist'' going to Dublin

Options
  • 02-06-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm going to be visiting Ireland (leaving next wednesday!) and I plan on getting another tattoo while I'm there. I'll be on foot and not really knowing where I'm at in Dublin. I'm also going to be visiting the Donegal/Sligo area.

I don't know what yet but I usually get one for every trip, so now what I need is to know what shops are reliable, and which artists excel at which styles.

I'd like some help, and I figured the best help I could get would be from atttoed Irish folks... :D

Usually I'm more into old school, but always open to other stuff, plus I'm not planning on getting a huge piece anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If it's a tradition of yours to get inked wherever you go, cool but to be honest you have a whole heap of excellent artists right on your door step in Canada...

The main places are in either Dublin, Waterford or Cork.

If you can give us some ideas on what style of ink you are looking for it'd be great.

You mentioned old school stuff, so maybe some of the crew in Zulu or in Inkwell Tattoo. Both based in Dublin.

JMD down in Waterford is truly amazing, especially portraits but excels at other styles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 isa-may

Thanks. I'll look for sites with portfolios.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I'll most likely be a walk-in customer... I usually don't do that.

Places like JMD's have a bit of a waiting list, maybe pop them a mail or whatever. Depends if you will be down the south though

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Sorry for crashing the thread but do you have an email address for JMD. I tried the one on his site but it didnt send

Try give em a ring

• Advertisement

So after looking through many posts on here, I'm thinking either Classic Ink or Dublin art tattoo, for some old-school work. Anything else I should look into for that in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

I tired to book an appointment with JMD recently and was told they are currently booked up two months in a advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

bwardrop wrote: »
    I tired to book an appointment with JMD recently and was told they are currently booked up two months in a advance.

Well Id say its worth the wait ! The quality of work he is doing at the mo is great. Im thinking of heading down there for my next one. Just need to rob a bank first :D

So, Ill be getting my foot done, an anchor with a banner and name on it as well. I got a 200-250euro quote... I have a rather small foot, so is that a regular price or is it normal?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Well its usually priced at how long the tattoo takes, By the way if your looking for old school tattoos Classic ink is the shop you should go to ;)

• Advertisement

I'm already booked at Dublin art tattoo with Michele Prezioso.

Advertisement