Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Checks over Bank Holiday Weekend

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

i did actually :p

Why would the armed gardi be at a checkpoint if there was no real reason i.e a robery or something just after take place nearby,seen them just outside mullinavat bout 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

coming into Tramore came across a long back up on a sunday afternoon for the tax and insurance check, a car I pulled the Uy and went up the back way and no one followed me. nothing to hide just though I save them the time seeing I was taxed and insured,.

Why don't they use the UK system that if a car is untaxed you get a fine in the post automatically if you don't prove its off the road. same for insurance and nct , and stop treating the harassed motorist as a criminal just for driving to work

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i did actually :p

Why would the armed gardi be at a checkpoint if there was no real reason i.e a robery or something just after take place nearby,seen them just outside mullinavat bout 3 weeks ago

Suppose just to add a presence.. detectives are armed anyway as are most of the undercover cars. At least, at times they are anyway.

Advertisement