Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico - friend or foe

Options
  • 02-06-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Mods, please move if this is in the wrong place

So I'm thinking of moving from Eircom seeing as I get sod all customer service...was thinking of going to Perlico, anyone got any good/bad stories...Dublin based

Thanks

Ladybird

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Parents have been using Perlico's phone service for a few years now and they swear by it value wise, they've previously had Smart, Eircom & TalkTalk as well as others, they've never had any billing issues that I'm aware of and they've got Broadband just before christmas which hasn't had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

:check out utv.com or u.tv, been with them years, you pay them the line rental and you have free landlines calls to other landlines to ireland and uk after 6pm and all weekend up to 1 hour duration , then simply rediall, my average bill per month is 28 euro, thats 25 for line rental and 3 euro worth of calls, beat that for a game of soldiers, they also do broadband depending on your telephone exchange , enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

im with bt,E45 pm
    1mb bb
    free anytime uk & ireland landlines
    only thing is u have to hang up after 59mins
    and call back,but I usually have it all said by then!
    its good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I get sod all customer service

All Irish ISPs are lacking in the customer service area, moving may not help much. Are you having a specific problem with your line that is prompting you to move, or is it more the price? If it's line related, then moving will most likely do nothing, as all lines are owned by eircom and problems have to be fixed by them. If you're with another provider, eircom will be in no hurry to help the competition.

Perlico's customer service, for one, is dire. Now that they're owned by Vodafone, it might change, whether that's for better or worse I'm not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op are you going with perlico, just want to hear off problems before you commit? Using Callcosts perlico doesnt workout the cheapest (ofcourse depending what you input) but chorous and smart came up top for a BB +calls bundle,, but then they would have more a bad rep.

Other thing is Perlico have a longer contract!! I think for BB Perlico is 12months where Bt and Eircom are 6months. Chrous are also 12months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Thanks one and all.

My move is actually prompted on a 50/50 on price & some line issues I've had which have been totally ignored till I started raving:rolleyes:

Had not thought of UTV though..must check that out

Thanks again

LB

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Just to add my $0.02,if u want the best value for national calls go for perlico no usage limit and the free calls are 24/7 as for the customer support their very good never had any issues either and i've been with them for years and saved thousands compared to eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

davton wrote: »
    Op are you going with perlico, just want to hear off problems before you commit? Using Callcosts perlico doesnt workout the cheapest (ofcourse depending what you input) but chorous and smart came up top for a BB +calls bundle,, but then they would have more a bad rep.

i don't think smart have a bad rep. the only bad thing i've heard anyone say about smart is that time that eircom cut them all off. have i just missed lots of threads about dissatisfied people?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i don't think smart have a bad rep. the only bad thing i've heard anyone say about smart is that time that eircom cut them all off. have i just missed lots of threads about dissatisfied people?

I heard (from real life people) that the only real issue with smart is getting hooked up initially. Once that is done it is top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

O.P. I suggest you do a search for Perlico. There have been numerous threads about them. In my opinion their customer service is slightly, (only very slightly, mind) better then NTL. So judge from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Most of the complaints I've read have been in respect of their Broadband product/service.
    Threads are available for perusal in the BB forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

+1 for Smart, been with them about 3 years now, no problems.
    Though I do use them mainly for broadband, so not sure how their call costs compare. Though then again there's always Skype.

Have heard their customer call centre can be hit and miss if you ring them, but the only issue I ever had with the broadband was sorted out 15 minutes after I posted it on their technical forum, and that was at 5pm on a bank holiday Monday, so thumbs up for that.

Advertisement