Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic, MDF, iRoast. First preference.

Options
  • 02-06-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Well having gotten the new machine and grinder.
    Gonna sell the Classic , MDF and the iRoast2. Hopefully can then fund a bigger Hottop roaster with the proceeds.

So new, the Classic was €336, the MDF was €200, the iRoast2 was €200.

So €776 so far.

Add to that the Classic now has a (much better) Silvia steam wand, and a bottomless portafilter which cost about €80 for the two.

Add a rosewood tamper at about €30, a gaggia steam jug about €10, and the Gaggia base for the Classic and MDF (with a knock drawer) at €50.

That's about €950 worth of stuff (dear god).

Now granted the i-roast lid got dropped at one stage and has a crack in it (although I have repaired this so its fully functional but ugly - and replacement lids are easy to get).

Anyway, given the amount of work I've put into this kit (documented on this forum) I'd like to give first preference to posters here. Send it off to a good home etc.

If someone here was interested I'd let it all go for €600, and I'd throw in a selection of Green beans and a little bit of tuition.

To the mods, apologies if this is against policy, but this equipment has a history on this forum, and I would like to send it to a good home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    To the mods, apologies if this is against policy, but this equipment has a history on this forum, and I would like to send it to a good home.

I think it's safe to say that people on here will be glad you offered first refusal here. :)

Are you looking to sell it all to one person? Or would you consider splitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I'd consider splitting, if it was one or two splits. If its more like 8 splits then it becomes a PITA.

Put it up on adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Would you consider selling the iRoast on it's own? How much? I've been seriously toying with the idea of getting one lately.

Edit: just saw the adverts link so posted there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Reactor

I'd be interested in the bottomless portafilter if you'd consider selling it seperately.

I think I've seen your ad elsewhere.

Cheers,
    Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Going to update the charter to provide for this type of thread, this is the best place to notify fellow boardsies about available equipment with people entering and others upgrading.

Decided I'm going to keep my roaster (was going to buy a hottop - but can't justify the price of it really), now looking for €400 for the espressomachine, grinder, base, tamper, naked portafilter etc etc.

Bit of a no-brainer for someone wanting to jump into making great espresso at home.

You won't buy a Gaggia Classic off the shelf that pulls a shot nearly as good as this machine. The steam wand is an enormous improvement over the stock. The brew pressure has been properly calibrated. The machine has gotten regular cleanings, the grinder is as new (only about 1yr old). The knock drawer in the stand hasn't really been used as I have a serparated knock-box. The naked portafilter is great for (a) determining extraction problems, and (b) showing off. Nice heafty rosewood tamper.

As said already, you'd be looking at paying about twice the price for all this new.

One last update - I will split if I can get someone interested in the Classic (most expensive thing needs to be sold first).

So for example:
    Person1 - Classic €225,
    Person2 - Grinder €100,
    Person3 - Naked Portafilter, Gaggia Base, Rosewood Tamper, frothing jug - €75

Advertisement