Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype Cloud Effect?

Options
  • 02-06-2008 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Can anyone tell me who I would do the cloud effect similar to what skype have behind their logo?

http://about.skype.com/pictures.html

I presume is something very simple, but I haven't a clue. Can someone tell me how to do it in Photoshop or Draw X3?

Thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Klept0

I'd only know a way in photoshop, use the Elliptical marquee tool. At the top there should be a "Add to Selection" button that looks like two boxes intersecting.

Using that in theory you could do it, although I tried doing it myself just there and the results aren't quite as crisp as their logo, suppose some blending options still need to be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It's just a whole bunch of circles really...
    I reckon if you start plotting out your (solid colour) circles on a new (slightly transparent) layer above your desired text, then, once you're happy, merge the circle layers into a single raster, bring it back to 100% opacity... take an automatic/magic-wand/whatever selection, apply a gradient fill and a thin bevel around the outside.
    Bring your text back as the top layer, throw on another bevel or thin dropshadow.
    That's how I'd attempt it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

There's a good few tutorials out there. Looky what I found:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 jballantine

Thanks . I'll try it now.

Advertisement