Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS Games from US

Options
  • 02-06-2008 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A quick question. My son son is looking for a Diego game for his Nintendo DS. It costs €44 here in the shops but I have found it on Amazon for $19 from the US.

Will US games for the DS work on the machines here or is it like DVDs which are region coded?

Regards,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Is it a DS Lite? Just checked the net and american games will work with european DS

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Yes it is DS Lite.

Thanks for coming back so quickly.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Games are completely region free. You will get charged Tax on that BTW at a rate of 30 something %

still probably going to be cheaper, but I ordered 4 Blu rays of american amazon a while back and the total came to €40 including postage, customs charged me €20 on top of that so maybe they are allowed charge what the price would be over here i dont know, maybe i got ripped off either, who knows!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You don't always get charged customs, but sometimes they will indeed check your package and charge you (happened to me with a couple of DVDs from amazon - seems to be a fairly bad site for custom checks!). But if your cost is low, you should be OK. Its when you start buying more than one item that the charges are more likely to be piled on. But its all down to luck really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=13520

try there instead , you more than likely wont get charged customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Screensiren

Hello,

As we're on the topic of US DS games on a European console, can I please ask if anyone knows if it works the other way around ie European games on a US Console?

I'm in the US at the moment and looking to buy the DS lite console, but I'd like to make sure that there are no issues with the European games.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Screensiren

Cheers Attol - much appreciated!
    Apologies for the mini-hijack :D

Advertisement