Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE two tonight

Options
  • 02-06-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

on and off all evening, did anyone hear anything earlier about the benbulbon transmiter being hit by lightning

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im in Stranorlar so dont know if it would have had any effect here or not but I have been out most of the evening so didn't notice it anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

muffler wrote: »
    Im in Stranorlar so dont know if it would have had any effect here or not but I have been out most of the evening so didn't notice it anyhow.

would rte have a seperate transmitter in barnsmore or north of it, think it was the benbulbon in sligo/leitrim that was affected this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

TBH I havent a clue where the signal comes from. There is a small "relay" transmitter outside of Stranorlar but where its fed from I dont know. I doubt if it would extend to Sligo but then again nothing would surprise me about RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

RTE's transmitter is on Truskmore. Would think they would have some lightning protection though

Stranorlar would not be fed from it, though it is main tranmitter in the region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

RTE2 started broadcasting in 1978. The channel was opened with a gala ceremony from Cork. Due to a technical fault, audio from BBC 2 was played during the countdown instead of the proper soundtrack, and when the channel commenced programmes, there was no audio for the initial 15 seconds or so.

Start as you mean to go on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

irish-stew wrote: »
    would rte have a seperate transmitter in barnsmore or north of it, think it was the benbulbon in sligo/leitrim that was affected this evening

Here are some of the transmitters:
    http://www.irish-tv.com/irishtrans.asp

I think there is an RTE transmitter in Ballybofey too, a small one?

I think you could use Holywell as a back up.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I do believe that RTENL have a mast on Barnesmore, but it's only a link between sites, not a transmitter.

Twin Towns does have its own transmitter, carrying RTE1, RTE2 and TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

RTE2 started broadcasting in 1978. The channel was opened with a gala ceremony from Cork. Due to a technical fault, audio from BBC 2 was played during the countdown instead of the proper soundtrack, and when the channel commenced programmes, there was no audio for the initial 15 seconds or so.

Start as you mean to go on. :)

Why doesn't that surprise me. During the launch of the countries second television station they lose the audio.....:eek:

Advertisement