Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Disturbed Indestructible - Very dissapointing

• 03-06-2008 2:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Overall i liked their first 3 albums and after hearing "Inside the fire" i was very excited about the new release but the rest of the tracks just lack energy.

Every track on the album bar "inside the fire" sound like their is no passion, no peak and going nowhere.

Anyone else like/dislike disturbed and the new album.

edit: You can probably add Perfect Insanity to one of the better songs on the album.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There a very repetive (excuse the spelling :pac:) band in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Disturbed are what I'd consider to be one of my dirty little pleasures. I really shouldn't be into a band with such a high level of cheese factor but by fook they are catchy and I love David Draiman's vocals.

Their last album Ten Thousand Fists was, in my opinion, their best. Unbelievably catchy and the odd solo that was on the album actually fitted in very well in my opinion.

I completely agree with BrokenArrows on this one. A select few good tracks but alot of the riffs are very boring in comparison to previous efforts and overall the solos are pretty crap.

Hopefully they'll make a trip to Ireland though. Missed their last gig here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I like Disturbed, been around since '96. Brill live and gonna get their new album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I think the entire album from start to finish is pretty much, Not even that song has energy imo. Been listening to em since the sickness and i thought after the last album with solos coming in an all that indestructable would be the album which put them off my guilty pleasures list.

Gotta admit the section after the solo in inside the fire is mental though.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Disturbed are what I'd consider to be one of my dirty little pleasures. I really shouldn't be into a band with such a high level of cheese factor but by fook they are catchy and I love David Draiman's vocals.

Their last album Ten Thousand Fists was, in my opinion, their best. Unbelievably catchy and the odd solo that was on the album actually fitted in very well in my opinion.

I completely agree with BrokenArrows on this one. A select few good tracks but alot of the riffs are very boring in comparison to previous efforts and overall the solos are pretty crap.

Hopefully they'll make a trip to Ireland though. Missed their last gig here :(
    Ten Thousand Fists is a very good album alright. Had it blasting out of my car speakers for a good while. I agree they are a bit repetitive, but if you're listening to one or two songs they can be quite enjoyable. I love their cover of Land of Confusion too! :pac:

• Advertisement

Yup one of the best covers ive seen done in a while, they kinda made the song there own but still kept to the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I like it - I do agree though and think all their albums are quite repetitive and I have found myself singing songs from ten thousand fists thinking it was off their new album.... weird...

It's not as commercial as ten thousand fists (which I like) and has no more than 1 or 2 killer tracks... but i still like it!

Was at their last gig in Ireland and met them (expect drummer boy who wouldnt show his face) a return to Ireland is long overdue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

I really liked it. you got to love David Draiman's voice but most of their song kinda sound similar. Love the band though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Im normally a big fan of Disturbed and to be honest, yes some songs can be repeditive across their previous albums but all in all a good band. Unfortunatly I agree, this album is v disapointing, OP is right inside the fire and perfect insanity I think are great songs but 2 songs outa the whole album does not cut it for me....................back to listening to AIC Unplugged for me :p

And thats never EVER a bad thing....FROGS MAN....FROGS :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Ok........after listening to this album a bit more Its starting to grow on me, certainly still not the greatest album of all time but its I am starting to get in to it and can imagine it being one of those "Much better live" albums.

Patricide: Dam right Frogs and Nutshell live is pretty WinRAR too

Advertisement