Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamin Nuvi 250w

Options
  • 03-06-2008 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I just bought one on sat, i tried it out when i got home and it worked fine, showed all the roads around my area. I then registered it online at the garmin site and hooked it up to the p/c as requested, and let it do its thing. Now it only shows the major roads as in national roads and nothing else. When you try and type in an addy you are asked for the state/province :confused::confused::confused:
    Does anyone have any ideas. Should i bring it back tothe shop? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you switched it on outdoors since you upgraded the s/w? It might think you're in the UK or somewhere else. You should also review the various settings like miles or kms and American or British voice prompts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

Yes i have turned it on and recieved a signal since i updated the unit. I have checked all the settings also but all seem fine. Should i bring it back to the shop ?? P.s thanks for help:o:o

Fixed it. When you update it deselects the map setting. If you select the spanner icon, then arrow down, select map info, and it will show you the current map version loaded on you unit. Select the current map version and away you go.

Thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

zoom in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was thinking of buying one for my mum......Did you drive through the red cow yet, can it get you around it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not in the state its currently in (the mad cow)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tom1979

i dont think garmin will update the mad cow untill its finished

as only god will know what it will look like

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just wondering how you hooked urs up to the computer?
    Mine didn't come with a USB cable

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The cable is very standard, it comes with most gadgets that can be attached to PCs these days. You can buy them in PC shops for about 12 euros but you're best bet is to ask a friend if he/she has a spare one, it's a USB to mini-USB cable.

you should have got the cable with it
    best bet go back to the shop and tell them about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I have one of these Nuvi 250's and it's terrible!
    It has none of the relatively new motorways ie M9 past Carlow or M4 as far as Kilbeggan.
    And it sends me arse about face all the time, ie I was going to Kilkenny the other day from M7 onto M9 and it then sent me through Athy instead of the usual way through Castledermot and Carlow, took about 20 minutes longer I'd say.
    I've given it a chance or two now thinking it may be quicker than the ways I know but it's crap!!
    Been on the Garmin website looking for a map update but apparently there are none available yet!
    Not recommended :mad:

• Advertisement

what maps have you got on it ?
    garmin use navteq maps and there are the best out there

try and check if you have detailed maps selected

have you a 250w or 250 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

check the route setting I.e. fasted route, shortest route etc. as it will bring you different ways depending how you have it set up.

Advertisement