Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Tap

• 03-06-2008 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Want to buy a friend a beer tap w/cooler for his bday. He has a bar in his place and all its missing is a beer tap!. Anyone come across such a thing?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

wunderbarcooler sels some, might be be better quality than the lidl one i have heard a few problems with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Thanks for the info! I'll check out both...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

oblivious wrote: »
    wunderbarcooler sels some, might be be better quality than the lidl one i have heard a few problems with them

Anyone know where I can buy the wunderbarcooler?

There's no irish stores listed on their website.

What kind of money are they?

89 euro Here for the party version

• Advertisement

Here is a little Video courtesy of brouwland on how to set them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

where would you buy the 5L kegs?

it looks like they take the heineken one that are around the place

You can pick up Warsteiner ones too. I'm sure Lidl/Aldi will have some version of the 5l kegs also.

They are very common on the continent and in the UK, any if you asked some like molloys off licenses or even you local off license they may bring in a bigger range

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You can also get Rebel Red by the minikeg from The Franciscan Well in Cork. Tesco do Krombacher as well, I'm told.

Did you go for the wunderbar in the end?

His birthday is not for another week or so... So I still have a while to research. I think Arnotts have something like Wunderbar, so I'll have a look this week.

Could be the best value option, on price and minimal waste. He wont feel the need to drink a whole large keg to save it from going off, the little ones will be handier.

Yeah - he usually has one of those Heineken kegs in his fridge anyway. So it might be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

My missus got me the ThermoCooler from Wunderbar.ie for an xmas present, worst customer service in the world. Delivered broken, every week I called them back and got the "we'll have a new one out to ya next week"... 4 months later we got them to collect the broken one and got our money back... Just got the Professional one delivered today from Germany for the same price of the Thermo model (mid model) in Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

hi,
    is the wunderbar any good, what beer do use it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

thesteve wrote: »
    My missus got me the ThermoCooler from Wunderbar.ie for an xmas present, worst customer service in the world. Delivered broken, every week I called them back and got the "we'll have a new one out to ya next week"... 4 months later we got them to collect the broken one and got our money back... Just got the Professional one delivered today from Germany for the same price of the Thermo model (mid model) in Ireland :)

Steve,

what company in germany did you order this from ?

is it worth having ?

thanks,

gollem

Advertisement