Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test routes

• 03-06-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does anyone know the driving test routes for SGS (from the NCT centre) and also the ones leavong from Six Cross Roads (RSA)
    Think it would be handy to have them.

:p

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv no idea, when I took my test I did it out in the old test center after Storm Cinemas. Everything seems to have changed now.

You used to be able to buy them online tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

the SGS will bring you around lismore park and through paddy browns road, so try and do a ot of your turn abouts all around there.... not sure on the RSA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

from the nct center they'll bring you into and around the lovely lismore park, up past the grotto to the roundabout at walsh park. swing a right down past the presentation towards matties hill. then in along canon street, along barrack street, right again down into hennessys road, roanmore area. out onto the cork road and all the way out and around the college, back up paddy browns to the grotto and then back through the lovely lismore park area and onto the nct centre again.
    hope that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

longshanks wrote: »
    from the nct center they'll bring you into and around the lovely lismore park, up past the grotto to the roundabout at walsh park. swing a right down past the presentation towards matties hill. then in along canon street, along barrack street, right again down into hennessys road, roanmore area. out onto the cork road and all the way out and around the college, back up paddy browns to the grotto and then back through the lovely lismore park area and onto the nct centre again.
    hope that makes sense

Yes makes sense to go through the Lovely lismore park:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Best thing to do is book 2 lessons with a reputable instructor and ask them to specifically take you over the test routes so you know them insideout.

I don't have a clue what they are now (did my test when it started from the rear of the tax buildings on the glen :eek: that's a while ago now).

I got a couple of lessons from a chap who knew the routes and would take you through them exactly how a tester would expect you to complete them (with tips on "slow down here, indicate when you pass this pole, swing the wheel when you see that tree lined up with the rear pillar of your rear windscreen" etc). Was very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

I think you both are getting a bit mixed up. That part of the route is tracked through Lismore Lawn and Lismore Heights. The lovely Lismore Park only features briefly... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

i did my test at the end of april with them , they brought me into the nxt industrial estate where GE Health Care and the main post office, there i did my reverse around the corner, got brought up by the roanmore centre and did my 3 point 2 turn there, got brought down by welsh park and into the small roads that brings you down to the factory thats there, (not to sure of proper names of places not from waterford) got brought around the ring road to do my hill stop and went bk to the sgs centre,

they can change there routes all the time, as they put in two new ones jst before my test, as long as u no how u drive ur fine:D, there really friendly up there,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

tiny-tyno wrote: »
    i did my test at the end of april with them , they brought me into the nxt industrial estate where GE Health Care and the main post office, there i did my reverse around the corner, got brought up by the roanmore centre and did my 3 point 2 turn there, got brought down by welsh park and into the small roads that brings you down to the factory thats there, (not to sure of proper names of places not from waterford) got brought around the ring road to do my hill stop and went bk to the sgs centre,

they can change there routes all the time, as they put in two new ones jst before my test, as long as u no how u drive ur fine:D, there really friendly up there,:)
    Just like those lovely chaps in the RSA so? I'd say they get a lot of Christmas cards

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Did mine with RSA last June (passed!:D).

Left their test centre, took a right on to the outer ring road as far as the next roundabout, down the hill and up to the traffic lights at the top of the witches lane/Ballnanaysha (sorry for spelling!). Hill start at the traffic lights where a stupid Aoife stayed in 2nd gear, conked and had to restart engine. Right on to Cork Road, left on to Paddy Browns Road, right on to Sunrise Crescent and did my turnabout there where the road goes to the left. Continues on past the glass, all the way in the Cork Road as far as the place across the road from McDonalds, real twisty road with lots of cars parked either side that brought me on to Hennessys Road, along there, right turn down Bunkers Hill, right turn on to theManor and back out the Cork Road, turned down by the yellow house, up to Ballybeg, into templars hall to do my reverse around a corner, back out, drove the lenght of Ballybeg, back on to ring road and into test centre. phew!

Just like those lovely chaps in the RSA so? I'd say they get a lot of Christmas cards

No they actually are really nice,
    i was amazed cause i didnt no like if u cud talk to them or not, but the guy i had was givin out about other road users was funny actually, i was at a red light there was a car in front of me behind him was a yellow box then a parked car so i stopped behind the parked car and this woman drove up behind me passed me out while on her mobile fone and went into the yellow box , the tester was amazed and started to slate ur one about her bad driving was great, it took the pressure off,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I take it he didnt have orange hair then

he was bauld :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Giggles86

I was brought from the sgs place, out the gate, go left and then up towards the cleaboy, turn right into lismore park and then go left at the end of the road, up over the first little ramp and then into lismore park to do the 3 point turn then back out and turned right at the stop sign and down into Iveragh place to reverse around the corner, from there then up by the grotto, go left at the grotto and up to the roundabout at walsh park, take the 3rd exit on the roundabout down the hill to the next roundabout and go left up by the school, come all the way down then and turn right down bunkers hill and over hennesys road, all the way over hennesys road and just after the shop pulled in to do the hillstart, then left and down by the glass and up the cork road all the way up past the college, Then went right at the traffic lights and down paddy browns road and back up by the grotto and through lismore park and back to the centre. It was route 3 according to the cert. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Upthedeise07

Anyone else have any routes from the RSA?
    I'm on the cancellation list and so far have only had lessons leaving from SGS.

I'm getting lessons leaving from the RSA, but wanted to make sure I knew all the routes.

This thing coming in at the end of June is freaking everyone out, I think! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

just keep a calm head and a dry underpants and you'll be grand

longshanks wrote: »
    just keep a calm head and a dry underpants and you'll be grand

I do hope the above will be in order on the day :D
    but would still appreciate any information on the rsa test routes....

please:p
    test date just keeps getting closer .....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

If you are confident enough in your driving, don't worry about the route you have to take. That will only act as a distraction. Traffic is traffic, roads are roads. Just stay calm and if your driving is good enough, you will be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mark-Doyle

No thats just not funny :rolleyes:

Give up when your ahead i suggest :rolleyes:

Can anyone who is having lessons leaving from the rsa please help me with the routes??
    Am having lessons from there, but want to make sure I know the routes.
    It's all very well saying if you can drive, you'll be fine, but I'm very nervous.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can anyone who is having lessons leaving from the rsa please help me with the routes??
    Am having lessons from there, but want to make sure I know the routes.
    It's all very well saying if you can drive, you'll be fine, but I'm very nervous.

If the instructor gets the impression you know the routes he will do something different. Get the chap thats giving you lessons to go over the routes - they all should know them by now.

Bare in mind, some Lismore Park residents are kicking up a fuss about the above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement