Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheated yet?

• 03-06-2008 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I finally cracked over the weekend and used a Gamefaqs walkthrough to find one of Stevie's cars - his instructions are p!ss poor. I also had a quick look to see how to clear a stunt jump (the one to the east of your Alderney safehouse).

Anyone else cracked and used cheat codes or walkthroughs or vehicle spawns or anything? Don't tell me I'm the only one?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

no cheats/codes/faq's here so far. i've always tried to not cheat on games, at least the first time anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

:p
    corblimey wrote: »
    I finally cracked over the weekend and used a Gamefaqs walkthrough to find one of Stevie's cars - his instructions are p!ss poor. I also had a quick look to see how to clear a stunt jump (the one to the east of your Alderney safehouse).

Anyone else cracked and used cheat codes or walkthroughs or vehicle spawns or anything? Don't tell me I'm the only one?!

dead right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Not yet. But I am sure i will when I have everything done..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I didn't touch any faqs until after I had all the missions done. Used a guide to kill about 20 pigeons but then got bored of that. Far more fun to cause big traffic pileups. Chain reaction explosions are fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Stephen wrote: »
    I didn't touch any faqs until after I had all the missions done. Used a guide to kill about 20 pigeons but then got bored of that. Far more fun to cause big traffic pileups. Chain reaction explosions are fun!

Loud noises FTW!!!!

I havent used any cheats, I dont really see the need. It takes away from the game a lot i thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

AH now i dunno if using the guide built into the game is actually cheating (www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com) it is a chore typing it all but you dont make any changes to the code (not a programmer) but its a site on there the same as babiesovernight.com but i completed the game without cheats firt time i have ever done it for a gta game and the only reason is i didnt really need to.. best thing is clear it first then start the game again and cheat the ****e out of it! thats my plan now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

None yet,first Gta that i havnt used any cheats,it makes the game more enjoyable & last longer i feel .
    I'll wait til i finish the game,then put a few cheats in for some rampaging fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nope,not yet,and don't plan on really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Just to have a laugh blowing stuff up and then firing down the police.
    I reset it though before I go on.
    You can't get some achievements if you cheat I've been told.
    No harm in it though if you want to!

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    You can't get some achievements if you cheat I've been told.
    No harm in it though if you want to!

yea apparently some achievements cant be unlocked when you use the cheat codes, but you are ok to use the website built in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

You have not experienced the true joy of this game until you've killed a bunch of people by making boats appear out of nowhere, crushing them.

ok i found the ultimate cheaters guide right here on boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055286165

someone has taken alot of time and effort here, fairplay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

didn't cheat at all while I was playing the game. once I had the story complete I've "cheated" about 90 times. though it's mainly just car / choppers spawns which I dont really count as cheats TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

weapon cheats for fun but didnt save the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Finished the story missions first, then used cheats mainly for weapons and spawning cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

kingcurls wrote: »
    ok i found the ultimate cheaters guide right here on boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055286165

someone has taken alot of time and effort here, fairplay
    Copy and paste.....so much time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

I cheated accidentally when I called ZiT! when in an ice-cream truck, dunno what the hell it did though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

no i dont want to use them, id rather just try and get achievements

Advertisement