Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera club/photographic society?

Options
  • 03-06-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Been searching for some photo-related groups around the Tralee area but not having much luck. I know there used to be one in Tralee but the website seems to have expired. I dont know if this means that the site alone is gone or that the group has too - anyone know anything about this?

I miss having a camera club to go to. If there isn't one in the Tralee/Killarney area I would make the effort and start one (if there was more interest of course).

Would you be interested in joining a camera club/photo soc in the Tralee area? 8 votes

Yay
    0%
    Nay
    75%
    RichyXindigoflowersheeshRicky91tMojoRisingmk6705 6 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    25%
    will_fordepapu 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

How do these clubs work, is there planned walks or days out to take photos, or do people meet asnd talk about pics they have already taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Bit of both. Organise day trips at wkends for photos, and meet maybe once a fortnight to show pics and chat about techniques, processing tips, etc etc. Great way to learn and meet people with a common interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I was never much into the technical side, auto was good enough for me,though it would be interesting to find out what all the other selections do!!

And speaking of Atari Jaguars, i have a Sinclair ZX spectrum in my attic!!Retro cool!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Nay
    I think its like a hiking club with more cameras :) and maybe less hiking.

super organised ones use buses but smaller ones use their own cars and meet at a location take pictures maybe talk about them afterwards.

more of a meeting like minded souls vibe and asking questions and maybe a bit of show boating if you get a good shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Nay
    I'd join!

It's hard to find clubs/groups in Tralee.
    Anyone know of a mountain biking club?

• Advertisement

So thats three of us then :p Woohoo

Nay
    Anybody want to do this again?

the last one was a success i.e. we turned up and took photographs with the rain we are having we might get some impressive skys out west in the evening /morning

Nay
    sheesh wrote: »
    Anybody want to do this again?

Sure why not.

I'm free this weekend.
    Any suggests as to where to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Killarney Camera Club
    Mr Tadhg Kelleher (secretary@photokillarney.com)
    086-2157307

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

• Advertisement

thanks for the links guys! Starting to think starting something in Tralee might be better than heading all the way to Killarney for club meetings etc

Nay
    Was thinking Dingle and out west do a couple of standards
    the blasket islands, that stoney triangularly churchy thingey, the three sisters any body up for a walk?

or maybe just a wander around Dingle and and photograph tourists and locals

that stoney triangularly churchy thingey,

:D

Gallurus.

Isn't it supposed to be pelting at the weekend?

Nay
    440Hz wrote: »

"Saturday - Rain clearing to showers and bright intervals."

That'll be snowstorms then.

Nay
    440Hz wrote: »
    :D

Gallurus.

thats the one!
    yeah it is will we postpone till next week?

Nay
    thats the one!
    yeah it is will we postpone till next week?

Not sure I'll be living here next week!
    My contracts with Kerry airport & my apartment are up on Friday so I could be Macroom bound the same day.

Nay
    RichyX wrote: »
    Not sure I'll be living here next week!
    My contracts with Kerry airport & my apartment are up on Friday so I could be Macroom bound the same day.

sorry richy only saw this this evening you free sunday ?

Nay
    sorry richy only saw this this evening you free sunday ?

Yup, have nothing planned for Sunday.

Nay
    will we head out to Dingle and have a look around messaged 440hz

Nay
    will we head out to Dingle and have a look around messaged 440hz

Sounds good.

What time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

So whats the story? Is the camera club up and running? I'd be interested.

Nay
    Hi Molly
    so far we have had 2 trips* one to Killarney one to Dingle Yesterday so if you have an place that you want to go to give us a shout. we are pretty normal most of the time :D. So you will be more than welcome.
    Myself and RichyX went to dingle on Sunday (440hz couldn't make it due to work). Did some street photography and then tried heading out west to try some Landscape stuff. Lovely day for it if a bit hazy.

* one of us picks up the other 2 in their car and drives to location :D

What part of kerry are you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nay
    Wahey im interested in this i know its abit old but i though id register my interest :pac:.Im only 17 so im abit limited with travel but i should be abl to et driven to local places(listowel,tralee )anywhere kinda north kerry ish

Nay
    Hi ricky thanks for adding your name our numbers are finally growing !!!! do you know any others that might be interested. I'll shout at 440hz until he/she picks a place to go and take photographs.
    what kind of photography you interested in?

Nay
    I'm still around if there are any outings coming up.
    Ended up staying in Tralee working for Kerry airport fulltime :o

Nay
    Hi ricky thanks for adding your name our numbers are finally growing !!!! do you know any others that might be interested. I'll shout at 440hz until he/she picks a place to go and take photographs.
    what kind of photography you interested in?

Well i really like sports.But recently iv upgraded to a sigma 20-40 so i have a nice wide lense would'nt mind doing nature/landscapes :D

Woohoo this is taking shape nicely!! Things are a bit hectic for me over the next few weeks but if someone suggests a date and im around ill def come along.

Nay
    Thats a prob i have too.Im here till the 23rd then off to the uk then back sept 1st and back to school that monday (i will have allready missed a few days :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I would be very interested in this. Unfortuantly I only have a fuji s5600 atm. Planning on getting a DSLR within the next couple of months. Thinking either a d60 or a d80. (Is there much of a difference?)

• Advertisement

Nay
    oeb wrote: »
    I would be very interested in this. Unfortuantly I only have a fuji s5600 atm. Planning on getting a DSLR within the next couple of months. Thinking either a d60 or a d80. (Is there much of a difference?)

Dont think theres much difference
    make a post on the photography forum they'll help you out

Advertisement