Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modded 360 and gta problems

Options
  • 03-06-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I bought a 360 arcade to play gta but after reading that some people's 360 scratch discs I modded mine so I could have a backup if it went wrong. Now it doesn't matter if I use the backup or the original, its still not rendering the graphics in time. Do I need hard disc to cache data to stop this? Is anyone else having this problem? Thinking of selling it and getting a ps3 instead (although I did read also that the ps3 60gb version was also having a rendering issue).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Thats a trait of the GTA4 engine and all GTA games released on PS2 and XBOX.
    The game engine loads in the close-up textures as required but if you change direction or are going very quickly, the game engine can't fetch and load these textures and geometry in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Thanks, frustrating that they won't release it on the PC, even under steam (good anti piracy whilst providing a backup), at least I could upgrade the PC.

Advertisement