Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michelle Obama Bombshell

Options
  • 03-06-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Just when you though it couldn't get any worst for Barrack when it came to Rev's spewing from the Pulpit, it gets worse!!!

Within the next 24 hours there is going to be a tape released allegedly showing Michelle in a "Whitey" rant in Barracks former church. "Republicans who have seen the tape of Michelle Obama ranting about "whitey" describe it as "STUNNING." They say they have heard from five separate sources who have spoken directly with people who have seen the tape. IT FEATURES MICHELLE OBAMA AND LOUIS FARRAKHAN. They are sitting on a panel at Jeremiah Wright's Church when Michelle makes her remarks"

Lets the games begin...... again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

every fox news presenter will have to bring a spare pair of under pants with them to work when this breaks , such will be there orgasmic delight

and thats just the women

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well it doesn't take much to shock republicans so we'll just have to wait and see.. could be hilarious, could be absolutely nothing.

Has this been mentioned in the media anywhere yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

As Bill has been a bit of loose cannon for Hillary, Michelle Obama has also been inclined to cut loose on Obama's side. As posted it really depends what she is supposed to have said. Odd all the same that it happens just as the Dems are about to wrap it up. The trouble for the Obama camp is that he is still a relative unknown to many and even if it turns out to be nothing they can expect lots more of this. Clinton on the other hand, has been exposed for many years,warts and all. And don't the GOP love to hate her.

Here's a "source".http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/06/02/michelle-obama-and-louis-farrakhan-take-on-whitey/
    I learned over the weekend why the Republicans who have seen the tape of Michelle Obama ranting about “whitey” describe it as “STUNNING.” I have not seen it but I have heard from five separate sources who have spoken directly with people who have seen the tape. It features Michelle Obama and Louis Farrakhan. They are sitting on a panel at Jeremiah Wright’s Church when Michelle makes her intemperate remarks. Whoops!! When that image comes out it will enter the politcal ads hall of fame. It will be right up there with the little girl plucking daisy petals in the famous 1964 ad LBJ used against Barry Goldwater. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

"Republicians who have seen the tape ... say they have heard from five separate sources who have spoken directly with people who have seen the tape"

This makes no sense to me. Sounds like a dodgy spin as opposed to a real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

It seems whoever wrote the article made it up and supports hillary clinton

alarm bells started ringing when I read this

If Republican poohbahs have their way the tape will remain on ice until October. But when it comes out, Barack will be permanently branded with the Nation of Islam. That’s not a winning platform in November. And Barack’s bundlers understand this threat. I also have learned some major financial backers are asking the Barack team about the tape and are being stonewalled. It is a wild card in the political campaign that has not yet played out.

then I saw the support hillary banners on the site

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Will be interesting to see if this is for real or just smoke and mirrors.

It could just be a standard trick - build up hype about something as loudly as you can. Quietly admit it was rubbish or else just repeat it again and again in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary. Some people see the truth, some don't - so you end up with people who still think it's true. Lather, rinse and repeat.

That's pretty much how the Swift-boating thing stuck to Kerry, if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Yep, it could be pure bull, but does anyone think Michelle is not capable of saying suck a thing???

Well anyone's capable of saying anything...

This guy seems to suggest that she's saying "Why'd he" and that these Reps just want you to hear "Whitie". Sounds like a bit of a stretch for them to make if that's really what she was saying - for example there would normally be an obvious intonation when someone was asking a question compared to making a statement - but I guess we'll see.

There is always the chance that it sounds kind of like "whitie" but is really "Why'd he" - by telling people they're going to hear "whitie" before they listen to the clip then there's a far better chance of them mis-hearing it than if you let them listen to it unprompted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

I'd love it if the tape does exist.

That said, here's what I suspect: I think there is no tape. I think the Republicans have invented this story to entice Hillary to stay in the race and keep the Democrats' civil war going so that the Dem candidate will be so badly battered that he or she can't muster a decent fight against McCain in the general election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the tape exists it' would be somewhere on line by now.

smokes and daggers btw.

Mike.

I'd love it if the tape does exist.

That said, here's what I suspect: I think there is no tape. I think the Republicans have invented this story to entice Hillary to stay in the race and keep the Democrats' civil war going so that the Dem candidate will be so badly battered that he or she can't muster a decent fight against McCain in the general election.

That may well be it - I doubt it's a coincidence that this story has come to light on the day that Obama will all but officially rap up the nomination and that Hillary Clinton may even officially concede defeat.

flogen wrote: »
    There is always the chance that it sounds kind of like "whitie" but is really "Why'd he" - by telling people they're going to hear "whitie" before they listen to the clip then there's a far better chance of them mis-hearing it than if you let them listen to it unprompted.

At worst it highlights that the Obama campaign is not all about change and that the anger she appears to show is out of step with his all-embracing "we can change" concept.

is_that_so wrote: »
    At worst it highlights that the Obama campaign is not all about change and that the anger she appears to show is out of step with his all-embracing "we can change" concept.

I don't think that correlates at all - in fact I think it's arguable that her anger re-enforces the Obama's camp wish to change the way things are done, away from the ways of previous administrations.

Assuming she is just saying "why'd he", however, I'll bet it will have no impact on the perceptions of the Obama campaign. Not like he hasn't criticised Bush's policies in the starkest of terms already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

mike65 wrote: »
    If the tape exists it' would be somewhere on line by now.

smokes and daggers btw.

Mike.

Agreed, I don't see hide nor hair of it. You'd have thought it'd be up on youtube by now if it was real.

I don't think that correlates at all - in fact I think it's arguable that her anger re-enforces the Obama's camp wish to change the way things are done, away from the ways of previous administrations.

Assuming she is just saying "why'd he", however, I'll bet it will have no impact on the perceptions of the Obama campaign. Not like he hasn't criticised Bush's policies in the starkest of terms already.

I disagree. Anger in this campaign has already generated a number of gaffes and will do more. As they say there is another way, the "Obama way" and whole her anger may be understandable IMO it strongly contradicts his own inclusiveness approach.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

This guy seems to suggest that she's saying "Why'd he" and that these Reps just want you to hear "Whitie". Sounds like a bit of a stretch for them to make if that's really what she was saying - for example there would normally be an obvious intonation when someone was asking a question compared to making a statement - but I guess we'll see.

I think there are issues about grammar as well. Most instances of 'why'd he' will have a different conjucation. "Why'd he do that" "Whitey did that/does that"

The other issue is that she's a lawyer, and they are traditionally very careful about word usage and grammar.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 louistwermann

In this day and age with everything appearing on YouTube before anyone has a chance to sneeze that there could really be this un-circulated bombshell video-tape. I doubt it exists but if it does then it really raises some questions such as:

1. when did this take place?
    2. who took the video and then archive it for assumingly a long while?
    3. what is that person's motivation?
    4. how are we only learning about this tape's existence now?

Maybe the CIA digitally created the tape.

I guess we'll find out soon or in October.

I disagree. Anger in this campaign has already generated a number of gaffes and will do more. As they say there is another way, the "Obama way" and whole her anger may be understandable IMO it strongly contradicts his own inclusiveness approach.

Firstly, that doesn't make any sense - while people who are angry may say something regrettable as a result, it has never been the anger that was controversial in this campaign so far; it has been the off-the-cuff comments coming out of anger that has caused trouble for various candidates.

Secondly, it's hard to see any more anger in her alleged comments (Assuming it's 'why'd he' and not 'whitie') than you get when someone criticises an opponents actions or opinions.

Finally, the idea of inclusiveness is not about never criticising others - that's the illogical concept Clinton tried to plough whenever Obama disagreed with her* - it's about getting as many sides of the debate on-side by involving them in the process.

* By that I mean the way she would say Obama was going against his pledge not to go negative whenever he questioned her policies... as if debate was the same as mud-slinging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 louistwermann

I'd have thought they'd already have released it. They dug up every tom dick and harry who ever said "hello" to Obama during the race - why would they sit on Michelle Obama going nuclear?

If (and I do mean if) there is a secret tape it's got to be the republicans behind it... doesn't it?

Now I'm starting to second-guess myself... those Clinton's can be oh just a little bit sinister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I doubt it exists but if it does then it really raises some questions such as:.

I doubt that Obama is a mass-murderer, but if he were, it too would really raise some questions.

Seriously...non-news like this alleged tape should be ignored. Pay attention only if the tape is released.

Secondly, it's hard to see any more anger in her alleged comments (Assuming it's 'why'd he' and not 'whitie') than you get when someone criticises an opponents actions or opinions.

Firstly I don't see the "whitey" anywhere but I do see a number of issues that are more exclusive to blacks.
    Finally, the idea of inclusiveness is not about never criticising others - that's the illogical concept Clinton tried to plough whenever Obama disagreed with her* - it's about getting as many sides of the debate on-side by involving them in the process.

If he was just another candidate I'd agree but for a candidate of change I think it is. If he is to unite the country his inclusiveness needs to go a bit beyond the cheerleading crowds who chant the slogans. As I've posted elsewhere he's still having difficulties convincing some key groups. Non-story or not I think it serves to highlight why this might be.

Firstly I don't see the "whitey" anywhere but I do see a number of issues that are more exclusive to blacks.

Out of the issues that she raised? Well given the audience at the time I guess that would be unsurprising enough, don't you?
    If he was just another candidate I'd agree but for a candidate of change I think it is. If he is to unite the country his inclusiveness needs to go a bit beyond the cheerleading crowds who chant the slogans. As I've posted elsewhere he's still having difficulties convincing some key groups. Non-story or not I think it serves to highlight why this might be.

I totally disagree. Being about change and inclusiveness is not about being positive about everyone and everything just because.

I agree that his inclusiveness needs to go beyond cheerleading and slogans but I think that's something that he needs to work on through his policy and proposed administration rather than by telling people he likes everyone equally or thinks every idea is a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

we're waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Why are we waiting. Come on drop the M bomb already.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

i read about this one online a few different places about 2 weeks ago. Can't remember the sites. Seems to me that if it is being held back until after the Conventions, it could be very damaging indeed. However, how someone or some group can 'own' this and be able to keep it under some sort of embargo is beyond me. If it truly is racist / anti-white, surely the Obama people would come out with it and do damage limitation nice and early on. i know these things can replay all season (Swiftvets), but at least they could take the sting out of it and lessen its impact.

If this doesn't happen over the coming weeks, it points to it being just a swizz after all. Hopefully. *crosses fingers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It doesn't exist guys, it has been traced back to a rumor started by a Clinton supporter on some blog. Total bull****.

Advertisement