Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.6 for PC On The Way

• 03-06-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭

On the 5th June, Call of Duty 4 will see its 6th patch, taking it to version 1.6, as well as 4 new maps.

The long awaited patch is finally on its way, that is due to fix a few server problems as well as some other bugs and fixes. But the main thing this patch will bring is 4 new much needed maps. These maps have already been released for the Xbox 360 version of the game, and require points to purchase them over Xbox Live.

Activision will be giving them away for free in the upcoming patch. This is thanks to Nvidia who will be sponsoring this. They will also include some promotions for PC users prior to the release of this patch.

The four maps that we can expect to see in 5 days time are Broadcast, Chinatown, Killhouse, and Creek.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sweet !

we'll be seeing loads of "KILLAKLAN 24/7 NEW MAPZ" I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

less interested in the new maps as rom what ive seen they arent suited to PC comp play -
    more interested in seeing if IW had made any weapon tweaks - or added an option in server browser so i can filter out ****e hardcore servers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Aye being able to filter out the Hardcore servers would be really good actually, a few weapon tweaks would also be interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Can't wait tbh, Chinatown will be sick :) Killhouse looks like it might be a decent TDM/FFA map, Broadcast and Creek will be a nice change from the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Here's a link to some YouTube footage of the various Kill-Cams already available on the XBox. Would be nice if these are put in. Interested to see how it handles multiple kills with a single grenade (e.g. which victims it focusses the cam on):

http://www.shooter-szene.de/module-Pagesetter-viewpub-tid-2-pid-1136.phtml

I'm looking forward to the new maps myself. I've played one or two custom / mod servers, but there's a lot of extraneous stuff added to these servers when I was hoping simply for a new map.

I'd also like to see more achievements. Or ranks, perhaps the next one elevating out of the military: "You've been promoted to FIRST LADY!", and so forth. The more regional titles of "Minister for Tourism!" or "Tánaiste!" would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Finally.. can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Can't wait tbh, Chinatown will be sick :) Killhouse looks like it might be a decent TDM/FFA map, Broadcast and Creek will be a nice change from the norm.

Chinatown is ****, a disgrace to the perfection that was vCoD Carentan. The amount of cars is ridiculous, think of district x2 confined to a smaller space. Broadcast looks like the only map that might have competetive aspects, Killhouse looks fun and Creek will have some nice Eye-Candy aspects. Hopefully some decent bug fixes and CoDTV (one can pray^^).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I agree,Chinatown is a pathetic effort,nowhere near carentan.
    Out of the new maps creek is the only half decent one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Lukker- wrote: »
    Chinatown is ****, a disgrace to the perfection that was vCoD Carentan. The amount of cars is ridiculous, think of district x2 confined to a smaller space. Broadcast looks like the only map that might have competetive aspects, Killhouse looks fun and Creek will have some nice Eye-Candy aspects. Hopefully some decent bug fixes and CoDTV (one can pray^^).

I agree, the amount of cars is a bit much. There is a cvar to disable damage from cars & barrels though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Chinatown and killhouse are total muck.
    Creek is ok, but broadcast is where it's at.
    unlike the usual 2 or 3 choke points in all stock cod maps there's 6! which you may think is nothing but makes a huge difference in game, means that more often people break through shifting the front.
    Tis great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement