Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proposed eating plan, would love feedback!

• 03-06-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Ok, fed up with my diet and feeling sluggish and tired all the time, so I am starting a diet today! This is my proposed eating plan; I would really appreciate any comments/feedback.

About me: I am 29, female, 5ft 7 and weigh 10st. Would ideally like to lose maybe half a stone, but mainly just lose that ‘flabby feeling’ I have been having lately.

Okay, so proposed menu is:

Breakfast: Bowl of porridge, milk, honey. Cod liver oil (2 teaspoons)
    Elevenses: Pot of low fat yoghurt.
    Lunch: Salad made with, lettuce, pepper, tomato, scallion with a portion of tuna/lean ham/egg or cottage cheese.
    Mid afternoon: Apple or couple of mandarin oranges.
    Dinner: Lean meat of some kind (chicken/steak/salmon) with a few small new potatoes and veg (broccoli, peas or carrots normally)

As for exercise, I walk twice a day every day for at least half an hour each. Was also thinking of getting a fitness DVD, or maybe take up jogging or skipping (gym not really an option for me)

Like I said, I don’t have a lot of weight to lose, just want to improve the way I feel in general.

Sorry for going on a bit, I just wanted to be thorough I would love to hear your feedback/suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Diet is ok you need to hit the weights with simple exercises you can do at home - e.g. lunges for the legs, dips for the arms and reverse ab curls and plank for the abs.

You are not on a diet!!!!

You are just eating how a normal healthy person eats - nothing special and takes you out of the short term mentality of the word 'die-t'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Transform wrote: »
    Diet is ok you need to hit the weights with simple exercises you can do at home - e.g. lunges for the legs, dips for the arms and reverse ab curls and plank for the abs.

You are not on a diet!!!!

You are just eating how a normal healthy person eats - nothing special and takes you out of the short term mentality of the word 'die-t'

Thank you for the reply Transform, you know, I was actually going to edit my OP to replace the word 'diet' with 'healthy eating plan' I am trying to get out of the mentality that this is a short term thing and more into the idea that it is a permanent lifestyle change.

With regards to my 'healthy eating plan' (LOL) How much fruit is too much? I had two apples and two mandarin oranges yesterday, I know they are very high in Sugar, should I be avoiding eating this much every day?

Also with regards to weights, I was going to buy a set, what weight would you recommend I start off with (I have very low upper body strength, so would want to start off quite easy).:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Just have one piece of fruit with about 6-10 nuts e.g. almonds, walnuts as snacks at 11am and 3-4pm.

Lots of places have decent weights just make sure that you can adjust them up to at least 10kg and do not buy anything less than 3-4kg as its too light for most exercises.

did you start doing lunges, dips and reverse curls yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

did you start doing lunges, dips and reverse curls yet?

I'd be lying if I said I knew what any of those things were! Off to the fitness forum with me to find out a bit more!

Advertisement