Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Life on Mars USA [** Spoilers **]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm almost certain that they'll follow the UK's first season arc (when Sam had the accident, there were flashes of the girl in the woods from the UK S1 finale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Apparently it's going to be a different story arc for Sam - though I'm not sure if it'll be a huge departure from the original storyline.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a112699/life-on-mars-remake-changes-tyler-story.html

Having only ever watched the original sporidically I went into the US version with no expectations. The initial pilot was quite ropey and while it entertained for 42 minutes it was far inferior to the original. The redone version was fantastic and gave me goosebumps during the scene where Sam wakes up in 1973 and is framed by the Twin Towers. Easily one of my favourite scenes of all time, I've rewatched it a dozen times since.

Watching episode 2 atm and while it's nowhere near as entertaining as the first episode it's still quite fun and I hope that the writers try to do something other than copy and paste from the BBC version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Has it been renewed for Season 2?

Also any UK / Irish channels picking it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats what they get for trying to turn an 8 episode season into a 22 episode one.... I haven't been keeping up with this at all. Will they go with the ending of the original?
    Breaking: ABC cancels 'Life on Mars'
    Mar 2, 2009, 09:53 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Once again I get attached to a show with the word Mars in the title. Once again I'm mourning its premature demise.

Multiple sources are confirming that ABC has canceled my beloved Life on Mars. Per an insider, the network recently advised the show's producers that it would not be ordering a second season. The heads-up will allow them to make this year's season finale a series finale, thus leaving no questions unanswered.

Mr E wrote: »
    Thats what they get for trying to turn an 8 episode season into a 22 episode one.... I haven't been keeping up with this at all. Will they go with the ending of the original?
    Yep, I haven't watched it since after the break at Christmas.

I'd presume they will stay with the UK ending.. the last episode before the break was more or less was the final episode of UK's season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The American version of Life on Mars takes the place of hit drama True Blood in FX's winter schedule, starting this October. The network channel that brought us Dexter, NCIS and Burn Notice has added Life on Mars to its long list of American acquisitions today, having successfully secured the exclusive UK rights. Gaining a primetime slot in FX's winter schedule, the US re-working of the time-travelling BBC series will replace True Blood when the vampire drama's first season concludes later this year. Relocating the British show of the same name from Manchester to New York, the 17-part series sees original character detective Sam Tyler resurrected and transported back in time to 1973. Tyler, however, is played by American actor Jason O'Mara in the US version. FX's director, Jason Thorp, says: "The original Life on Mars and its follow up Ashes to Ashes have a huge fan base in the UK that numbers millions. We are therefore delighted to be able to bring this version to a British audience." Though not as popular with critics as the original Life on Mars, the American version is only ranked half a point below its British parent show by international users on TV.com. The show was axed after just one series in the States, however, after failing to attract a sizeable audience. Life on Mars makes its British debut on FX on Friday, October 9, at 10pm

Its a shame it was cancelled kinda enjoyed it

It was about as enjoyable as sticking your testicles in a toaster! :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JP Liz wrote: »
    Tyler, however, is played by American actor Jason O'Mara in the US version.
    What crap site did you pull that from? Jason O'Mara is Irish. Stupid site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement