Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny Bus Service

• 03-06-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

What kinda Caic is this? No timetables anywhere in town or online, the clostest i've found is this link http://www.damienblake.com/2007/04/letterkenny-town-bus-routes-timetables/ that just has the route (dunno if it's even the right route) and no times or anything.

FFS i actually want to use it but i can't figure out what time it goes by the estate.

ARGH!

Anyone got any info or links?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

havent a clue myself but would Damien Blake know if you rang him or even the town council may have details of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i emailed him but no reply yet. might call into the office now when i'm outta the course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I thought that bus service had stopped as no one was using it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

apparently not i eventually rang him and he emailed me the timetable. It's the January one but must be the current one. Really confusing layout but hey what do you expect from Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

That timetable is a mess.
    It is not user friendly at all and hardly encourages anyone to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Had a look at that timetable and its a bit of a mess alright.

Damien Blake please take note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

I took another look at it to see if it can be simplified.

Although a lot of the places are familiar they wouldnt encourage a lot of people to use the service from outside the town.

I have no idea for what reason the "Departs/Arrives" column is there and which times they refer to.

If it was done properly, I still think it will take a lot to encourage car loving Letterkenny folk to get the bus. Shame Bus Eireann never got the licence/applied for the licence to do the Town Service. Mind you they would proably have cacked it up too like the Sligo Central service which ended up running at a messy 23/24/23 minute frequency.

Advertisement