Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower flying planes?

• 03-06-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Is it just me or are the planes landing in shannon coming in lower these days,

I know I know they have to come down if they want to land but I mean coming in lower at an earlier stage?

I live on Limerick/Clare border and the planes at night are driving me nuts, its only in the last couple of months that I have really been bothered by it, some nights it sounds like they are going to land on my drive.

I tried emailing the airport, papers etc.. but to no avail.

Then there was that plane crash in the uk, the small plane.

Still no response.

Wonder if they have changed the flight paths?

Anyone notice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

You could try contacting the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) in Shannon. It might help if you had the times noted and the airline (if you can spot it at night).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

thanks will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

TBH I dobt the flight paths gave been changed. It's a long process and highly unlikely whether there's even a need to change the paths. Pkus, you can be guaranteed it would be front page news on the Clare People and The Clare Champion. Im sure it would be in other regional papers too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My office is right beside the runway and I see planes coming into the land every 10 mins but I haven't noticed anything different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Window open at night during the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

no, not the window being opened, physically watching them, one came over during the day last week or week before and it was so low! A big one too, ie commercial passenger flight! scary to think it was so close!

MIL said it to me too how she has noticed they are coming in lower earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Aircraft will save heaps on fuel if they fly close to the ground, with the price of diesel heading towards nine Euro a gallon you can expect them to be flying even lower. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

, with the price of diesel ?????????????

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    , with the price of diesel ?????????????
    They will be on the ground like the rest of us when the truckies go on strike in 10 days time. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Commerical jet engine fuel is pretty much kerosene, which is almost diesel!

• Advertisement

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Commerical jet engine fuel is pretty much kerosene, which is almost diesel!
    Similar to much of the home heating oil used to day.

Advertisement