Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolves of Calla [boards guild on Fury pvp]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

I'm not on that often at the minute, I needed a new computer and AoC has given me a good reason to do it. At least thats my excuse.

Anyhoo, when I have been on I also can't find the Wolves of Calla as any registered guild.

Has anyone organized a guild night where we can be sure there are some people on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Quick question for you guys. I have been playing Aoc of and on for a bit. Are there any applications that can be downloaded to make the game a little bit handier (if that makes sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 b00mIR

do you mean to make it run better or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

b00mIR wrote: »
    do you mean to make it run better or what?

I guess I mean plugins like the one that you could get in WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 b00mIR

padair wrote: »
    I guess I mean plugins like the one that you could get in WoW.

i take it you don't mean hax
    never played wow so don't really know what you mean by plugins for AoC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

Yeah there's a few UI's on the go at the minute.

I'm using the Mirage one that's recently been updated.

http://ledmirage.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Guys, since nobody is playing this anymore it seems (its been days & weeks since anyone has logged on), I am either going to either disband the Guild or hand the reigns back to DCully or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah sorry Max, I've given up on it :/

Was fun while it lasted :)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm beginning to feel the same way at lvl 70. Can't see much to do from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

So are the Wolves dead? If not can you invite Cerberian, your friend neighbourhood Necromancer.

• Advertisement

I'll invite you but pretty much everyone has given up on AoC already, I'm afraid.

Its out a month. How can people have given up on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its failed it would appear

Looks good to me, necro pets rock.

Jumpy wrote: »

Bugs. That's a lot of bugs. Bugs they have promised to fix and still haven't. One's they have said they fixed but haven't. There's a lot.

Balance issues. Plenty of those.

Also, a lack of content, particularly end game. Also, PvP is not what it was supposed to be. I think when you hit 80 there is bugger all to do.

Mainly though, a combination of all of the above. I will stick with it until I hit 80. I can't see myself continuing after that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Its grind-tastic.

Levels + XP = mind numbing grinding
    PvP = Meaningless, unable to loot people. Can reap some tears, but far too easy for targets to escape from your area.
    PvE = 3 types on monster - magic caster, archer, melee...different skins/different levels. See mind numbing grinding.

It was a bit of a change of pace as I havent played a fantasy style MMO since Guild Wars, and before that UO, but tbh if this is cutting edge MMO then the genre has barely advanced. Grind, grind, grind.

Ive gotten to level 59, and its like....what was the ****ing point? So I can grind on to 60? or 70? or 80?

I played with a group of guys I know from EVE Online, and one guy was just a grinding whore. He just zipped ahead of everyone else. He got to 80 [ whereas Im still 59], couldnt grind to 81 so stopped playing.

AoC need to introduce Level 90 and Level 100 characters ASAP to give everyone who enjoys grinding the excuse to keep subbing for another few months. And keep moving the goal posts.

Advertisement