Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling from Blanchardstown to Park West

Options
  • 03-06-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here cycle from Blanchardstown to Park West, and what route do you take? It's not far as the crow flies, but it looks like Chapelizod is the only nearby Liffey crossing (the Westlink is obviously a no-no). Farmleigh Bridge might be an option, but I think this is still in ruins.

Anything to avoid sitting on the M50...

Thanks,
    Bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I don't cycle there but know the way. Chapelizod is the only crossing (Lucan is there but that's heading the wrong direction).

You could go into the Phoenix Park (via main gate or Whites Gate) and come out the Chapelizod gate. It should be relatively quiet that way because the Chapelizod gate is one-way inbound. Then head up Chapelizod Hill Road and straight across to Le Fanu Road. This leads to Kileen Road and into Park West by the back entrance.

It is slightly shorter to head down Knockmaroon Hill, though the traffic might be a pain. Of course, it is one-way down the hill at the moment and traffic is likely to be stopped so easier to get by. I would consider going against traffic, up Knockmaroon Hill, on the way home to save some distance/time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Thanks daymobrew, I'll give it a shot.

Advertisement