Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockband - How far are you?

Options
  • 03-06-2008 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

just wondering how far everyone is trooping along though the game?

i havent touched the guitar solo tour yet as I've just been bashing away on the drums. Managed to complete the drums solo tour on hard mode last friday so I'm moving on up to expert this week

Also, thought it was very handy to give me the achievement points for easy and medium automatically when i finished it on hard. I hated replaying the easier difficulties on guitar hero after finishing hard/expert... .

Anyone doing the vocal solo tour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Cleared band world tour mostly on hard drums, but done the endlist set list with a buddy of mine and he was doing medium guitar so only got the medium icon thingy for it.

Cleared all songs on guitar tour on expert bar GGAHT.

Cleared hard drums and am up to dont fear the reaper on expert.

Then again I've had it longer than a lot of people seeing as I imported it for PS3 a while back.

Edit: about 2 tiers into vocal career on easy, but can't sign for peanuts!

Also played a lot of BWT doing guitar on hard and vocals on easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Cleared expert guitar (not a single fail woop)
    Cleared medium drums and about halfway through hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Finished Guitar Hard, one song left in Expert.
    A few tiers into Medium Drums.
    Two tiers into Vocals Expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Easy Drums
    Just Finished Medium Guitar
    Just Started Medium Drums

Done a bit of band tour too, but need to improve my drums to get more fans...

Aint touched the vocals...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

So far....

Finished Medium Drums , half way through Hard

GGAHT left on Expert Guitar

A tier and a half through Medium Vox but I can't sing for crap.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

8 songs left on expert drums :)

I started the expert drum career and its not as hard as I expected,gonna keep playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Cleared expert guitar (not a single fail woop)

Same here. I 5* everything first time apart from the last 4 songs, and they all fell on 2nd/3rd plays. Goal in this is to get as many gold starred songs as I can. Highest up I have so far is Foreplay/Long Time. :D

I haven't started Vox yet, doing Voxtar hard/expert in Band World tour, only about 5 gigs in tho:p

Drums, started on medium, but gonna go for expert rather than hard now, as I've tried a few and gotten 93/4/5%, so not too bad.

Still, can't see myself getting past Tom Sawyer for a while!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

woohoo! just completed expert drums :)

managed to crack my yellow pad in the process tho

roll on expert guitar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

okay quick question , its probably worthy of its own thread but ....

have imported rock band for PS3 due to pure impatience waiting for a europe release ... but sadly cant get the downloadable content from the states !!

anyone know a way around this ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

okay quick question , its probably worthy of its own thread but ....

have imported rock band for PS3 due to pure impatience waiting for a europe release ... but sadly cant get the downloadable content from the states !!

anyone know a way around this ??

Set up a new user on the PS3, then a US PS3 network account, just make sure to use an authentic American address or else it won't work. Use a web site such as www.entropay.com for a Virtual Credit Card that you will need to set up as an American card. Enter the Entropay card details as the credit card details on the PS3 and away you go. Don't worry about downloading songs using a different PS3 username than your game saves, the songs will show up in RB anyway.

awesome thanks slim !!! much appreciated didnt fancy the wait until " fall " for eventual release of RB

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I've had the game since november, so have had plenty of time to plough through the game.

On the last tier for expert guitar, haven't played guitar much though,

Can get through roughly 120/132 songs on expert drums, which I'm quite happy with seeing as I had zero drum experience before getting the game. Got 100% on Enter Sandman on Expert drums there a couple of weeks ago.

Completed the vocal career on hard, can only get through about one song on expert, that being Dani California.

Have over 100 stars and 640,000 fans in the Band World Tour mode doing vocals and drums/guitar, which is damn fun. completed the endless setlist on both medium vocals and medium drums there at christmas time, haven't really tried it since.

Haven't played the guitar career mode much recently as I'm having more fun doing vocals and guitar at the same time. Or just drums solo on expert.

Just finished hard rum career,run to the hills was so annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Currently...

Guitar:
    Expert: 5 songs left to clear on the last tier (wtf solo's!)

Drums:
    Medium: Clear
    Hard: 3 songs left to clear
    Expert: 19 songs in. (need my bass pedal and drums modded first)

Vocals:
    Medium: Clear
    Hard: 7 songs in (couldn't be bothered playing songs I don't really know)

World Tour: about 80% clear. (waiting for friends to come over so we can finish it)

Also...
    100% Still Alive Medium Vocals... Wheeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just finished Green Grass & High Tides on Medium ONLY!!!!!

Was stuck on it for about a week............I dont know how some of ye are doing it on hard or expert....

I thought GG&HT was one of the hardest on medium but on hard and expert it was actually simple and I beat it on my first go,I've been stuck on dead on arrival for a few days on expert :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So far:

Finished hard tour on guitar (not too bad - Dead on Arrival solo is the only bothersome bit really)
    Working my way through drums medium - only 11 or 12 songs in so far.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Just finished Green Grass & High Tides on Medium ONLY!!!!!

Was stuck on it for about a week............I dont know how some of ye are doing it on hard or expert....

5 starred it on hard , bloody monster of a song thought my foot was gonna fall off from all the pedal work :D

Advertisement