Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing cement proportions?

Options
  • 03-06-2008 2:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

wondering when your mixing cement 3:1, do you mix by weight or volume? like do i mix 2 40kg bags of sand with 1 25kg bag of cement?

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Use to be 3 shovels cement to 1 of sand or that may be the other way round ?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

see http://www.irishcement.ie/download/Mixing%20and%20Placing%20concrete.pdf which states use volume when reading factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

latchyco wrote: »
    Use to be 3 shovels cement to 1 of sand or that may be the other way round ?

Other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

jdpl28 wrote: »
    Hi,

wondering when your mixing cement 3:1, do you mix by weight or volume? like do i mix 2 40kg bags of sand with 1 25kg bag of cement?

thanks,
    J

You wouldn't be far wrong at that as dry sand and cement are close enough in weight anyway. For smaller amounts you can measure volumes with a small bucket. I presume it's mortar for building.

Advertisement