Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 320d or Lexus 220d ?????

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Cyrus wrote: »
    Auto car, tiscali, 4car,autozine
    So there ya go, they all say different things and it comes down to who you want to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Autocar tested them in a nine car group test a while back and the lexus came in the bottom three along with the passat and saab 9-3.
    The top three were the mondeo , the c class and the winner the 3 series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

A 08 320d attracts €150 road tax from next month.

The 3 series facelift will involve engine additions/revisions, there will probably be a CO2 and therefore VRT/road tax reduction for some models, the 318i, 318d,330i narrowly miss out on a lower VRT band by 2,3 and 3 g/km respectively.

Cosmetically there will be door mirror mounted indicators for the very first time in a BMW, there will be a bumper and grille design similar to the Coupé and the tail lights will also be revised.

In other words, it will be a classic BMW facelift: a little bit of tinkering to the chassis and minor cosmetic changes.

Lexi do not hold their value like Toyotas do and neither do they hold their value as well as BMW do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm still unable to make my mind up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I have ... its the BMW for me.

I decided after an extended test drive of the Lexus 220d over the weekend. Its a beautiful car ... an amazing car tbh, but the BMW just feels better in almost every respect. I also think the BMW might hold its value better over the next few years.

So its the BMW for me ... I just have to decide when to buy. I'm 99.9% going to wait till Jan 09 (and maybe even buy new) because of the facelift. The 0.01% doubt is that I still believe that there will be really really good value in s/h out there post-July. I think I could get a good 318i/320d 2006 with less than 30k on the clock for about €25'ish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I think anyone holding out for the facelifted model should seriously consider the much rumoured 323d(not officially confirmed, but recently a BMW Exec said future BMWs will weight less, and have smaller engines with fewer cylinders, so you can read into that what you want), with the award winning engine from the 123d.

Though personally I always think BMWs should have at least 6 cylinders:D!

Advertisement