Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ILLNESS b4 Leaving cert

Options
  • 03-06-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

EM I'm in hospital at the mo...quite sick...have to stay in for 4 weeks:confused:...does any1 know if I can do the leaving cert again?? Thankies in advance :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Next year I'd reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

would be harsh if u had to repeat

if its really genuine then they give you a free place in uni i think

oh god i wish i was sick if its true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

salman85 wrote: »
    would be harsh if u had to repeat

if its really genuine then they give you a free place in uni i think

oh god i wish i was sick if its true
    I very much doubt they give you a free place in University. How would they allocate the place? Who would miss out? It wouldn't be fair on those who missed out.
    I'm sorry OP, but I'd imagine you would have to repeat unless they set up a special exam centre in your ward for you to do the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's really unlucky Beatrice. Get better soon!

Hey Timans, drumbum from DI here. Just wished ya good luck over there! It's such a small world!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Timans wrote: »
    I very much doubt they give you a free place in University. How would they allocate the place? Who would miss out? It wouldn't be fair on those who missed out.
    I'm sorry OP, but I'd imagine you would have to repeat unless they set up a special exam centre in your ward for you to do the exams.

I've heard of this happening, but OP get in contact with your school ASAP!

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    That's really unlucky Beatrice. Get better soon!

Hey Timans, drumbum from DI here. Just wished ya good luck over there! It's such a small world!
    Ahh, drumbum, how are you?

Best of luck to yourself!

they have the long term illness/disability thing in the CAO

wonder what it is for hmm retard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 irish0808

As far as i'm aware you'll have to wait until next year to do the LC.
    My advise is to get your doctor to contact the state examination commission ASAP and see what he/she can do for you, They might be able to give you an examination at a later date, which will probably be slightly different from this years June Exams.
    Get well soon

they have the long term illness/disability thing in the CAO

wonder what it is for hmm retard
    Yes but the OP is only in Hospital for 4 weeks, and I got the impression that it was a sudden illess which came about. I don't think that would qualify for Long Term Illness/Disability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diamonds&cream

Had a look at the state examinations website.

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=rx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Beatrice

hey thankies 4 all the help :D ive been kinda expecting this whole hospital thing...damn tumour on the brain...things should b much better soon:)

Yes but the OP is only in Hospital for 4 weeks, and I got the impression that it was a sudden illess which came about. I don't think that would qualify for Long Term Illness/Disability.

do you not comprende sir?

she said she has to stay for 4 weeks more, not that she has been in there for 4 weeks if she was there for the last 4 weeks and is better now she has to sit it and if she fails tough, but she is in the hospital for next 4 weeks

do you not comprende sir?

she said she has to stay for 4 weeks more, not that she has been in there for 4 weeks if she was there for the last 4 weeks and is better now she has to sit it and if she fails tough, but she is in the hospital for next 4 weeks
    Let's not argue in this thread for god sake.

Beatrice, I'm very sorry to hear about your illness, I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything goes well. :)
    Talk to your doctor about the LC and see what he says, he's probably been in the situation before.

Again, Best of Luck, Get well soon.

Let's not argue in this thread for god sake.

Beatrice, I'm very sorry to hear about your illness, I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything goes well. :)
    Talk to your doctor about the LC and see what he says, he's probably been in the situation before.

Again, Best of Luck, Get well soon.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

GET WELL SOON!

And good luck all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gillie2008

i think you can get somebody to come to the hospital n you can sit the exam in hospital dat happened a girl in another school in twn last year anyways i hope its nothing too serious n get well soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

irish0808 wrote: »
    As far as i'm aware you'll have to wait until next year to do the LC.
    My advise is to get your doctor to contact the state examination commission ASAP and see what he/she can do for you, They might be able to give you an examination at a later date, which will probably be slightly different from this years June Exams.
    Get well soon

i very much doubt that they will let you sit them during the summer. However if you do manage to sit them in hospital i know some colleges will allow you entry with lower points.Get well soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

ur allowed sit dem in hosp:rolleyes:

A candidate who is unable to take the examinations in their normal centre may be permitted take them in a special room in the school or in a hospital. The National Educational Psychological Service (NEPS) provide assistance to schools and candidates in crisis situations during the examinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

Don't know if this is too late but some colleges will let you combine results from two years if you're ill or have a disability, normally 3+3.

Best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jessie11 wrote: »
    ur allowed sit dem in hosp:rolleyes:

A candidate who is unable to take the examinations in their normal centre may be permitted take them in a special room in the school or in a hospital. The National Educational Psychological Service (NEPS) provide assistance to schools and candidates in crisis situations during the examinations.
    i was about to post that. quoted for truth. get in touch with your school ASAP OP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your school exam secretary needs to contact the 'Reasonable Accommodations' section in Athlone. I'm surprised they have not done this already if they knew you were in hospital.

Your situation is not unique - I would say there will be someone in the office in Athlone by 8am. They will ring a standby supervisor nearby and send them to whatever hospital you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

I know what you'r going through OP, maybe forget about the leaving just for the moment and concentrate on your surgery, I hope all is successful and you get well soon.

Advertisement