Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working Visas

• 03-06-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can hold working visas for both Oz and New Zealand at the one time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dv6

Bump, anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What do you mean? Can you apply for a visa in Australia and New Zealand at the same time? Of course you can, they are seperate countries.

Your visa isn't active until you enter the country and you have a year from that date, in Australia anyway. (I think you can get a two year working holiday visa in NZ, A lot of changes in the last year regarding visas over there.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yep you can, i'm in nz now on a whv and also hold one for oz. i applied for the oz one first, found out my g/f had allready used up her visa for oz so came to nz for a year instead. I mailed the OZ immigration and they said if i dont enter oz before their visa expires i just have to apply for another one. In NZ the immigration officer stamps your passport when u enter and that activates the years visa. Don't worry about showing amounts of money etc either, they dont give a feck!

Also Larianne AFAIK the two year working holiday visa is only for UK residents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seoirsina

hi all.
    does anyone know how you could work(enough to live) and travel in australia or new zealand if you are over 30 and do not want to reside there permanently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

seoirsina wrote: »
    hi all.
    does anyone know how you could work(enough to live) and travel in australia or new zealand if you are over 30 and do not want to reside there permanently?
    Marriage .. Unless it is changed you need to be 30 or younger when you apply for your WHV .. I don't know if this applies to NZ however

• Advertisement
Advertisement