Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTV mortgage

• 03-06-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Does anyone know if NIBs new LTV mortgage is any good?
    I had a look at it on their website and after using the calculator i could save about 120euro a month! or I could keep my repayments the same and reduce the lenght of the mortgage by five years.

I can`t see any problems with it so am i missing something??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MortgageBrbr

Most of the lenders offer this service, but NIB are spending a large amout of money on advertising it. Consult with your own bank and see if they can offer you a similar type of rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

For loans under 75% of the value of the house - NIB have the lowest tracker rates in the country. AIB have the lowest tracker rates for LTV of 75 to 80%.
    Thousands have switched to NIB - but as from last month you have to pay legal fees now - so that will set you back about 1k . If you can save 120 a month you will recoup the legal fees in 8 months or so - then it's all money in your pocket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I've had the LTV mortgage for about 18 months with no problems. Paying interest @ 4.5%

Can't really complain about that!

Advertisement