Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Do I Go About Getting My Tax Back??

• 03-06-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

I last worked from November 2006 to February of 2007 during which period my employer deducted almost €600 from my wages by way of tax- I know this as it says so on my P45. Unfortunately I have not worked since- how do I go about getting my tax back. Also, I can't find my P45 at the minute either, will this matter? I read somewhere about balancing statements from the tax office, which office do I contact for these and how? Many thanks indeed.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

go to www.revenue.ie and use the contact locator to find your local. Ring them and ask them for balancing statements for 2006 and 2007 and you should be sorted but I think you have to provide them with your p45 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

jonny24ie wrote: »
    go to www.revenue.ie and use the contact locator to find your local. Ring them and ask them for balancing statements for 2006 and 2007 and you should be sorted but I think you have to provide them with your p45 first.

Many thanks Johnnie, hope I can find the P45. Cheers fella.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

jonny24ie wrote: »

Hi there, I contacted the revenue and after much to-ing and fro-ing I got a lo-call number and they said that I had to send in parts 2 and 3 of the P45 to Grattan Hse on Lwr Mount Street.

The girl who answered the phone said that there was NO tax repayable for 2006, should I be concerned?- That said I didn't finish work and get my P45 until Feb of 2007 so there is hope yet. The P45 clearly indicates a considerable sum deducted for tax of €600 and I didn't earn any more than €4000 in the period in question.

Anyways thanks for your help today.:cool:

Advertisement