Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benefit in having a Laser as well as a credit card?

• 03-06-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Got a credit card off my bank recently and I'm just wondering is there any benefit in having a Laser card along with it?

I mean I'm paying €30 stamp duty on the credit card, and another €20 on my Laser / ATM card. Is there a need for them both?

The credit card can be used to take money out of most ATM's (any that display the Visa symbol which I'd imagine is a few).

Thanks in advance all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

my laser/atm is only 10euro in stamp duty.

i think they are handy for a state of mind. if i put something on my laser i know that it's paid for there and then and as long as i have money in the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cremo wrote: »
    my laser/atm is only 10euro in stamp duty.

i think they are handy for a state of mind. if i put something on my laser i know that it's paid for there and then and as long as i have money in the account.
    Ohh.. maybe you're right about a €10. Didn't they reduce the fees this year.. suppose I could live with a tenner being taken out a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Well if you are taking cash out of an ATM - Laser is cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Plus Laser has a cashback facility, which can be useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As said laser card costs little or nothng to run while CC is expensive for ATM and I think 200 euro is the least you can take out at any one time (could have that wrong).

Mike.

• Advertisement

Alright.. alright.. i'll stick with it.

Christ... ye're pushy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

mike65 wrote: »
    As said laser card costs little or nothng to run while CC is expensive for ATM and I think 200 euro is the least you can take out at any one time (could have that wrong).

Mike.

You can take as little as a tenner if you want.

I have both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm, maybe the Permenent TSB and Visa have some sort of issue.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Most places abroad and online don't take Laser so I use a CC.

Laser gives me cashback and let's me pay for stuff instantly from my account.

random wrote: »
    Most places abroad and online don't take Laser so I use a CC.
    That's the main reason I got it.. off to the States on Saturday but have $1000 with me also so using CC for large purchases and emergencies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement