Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to microfilters

Options
  • 03-06-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm getting issues with microfilters alot. Can anyone reccomend a way that I could filter everything in the house more reliably as microfilters seem to become faulty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You could rewire your phone system so that it uses only one microfilter. In this case, you'll know that if any microfilter-related problems arise, it's because of a single microfilter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i think you have more of a problem than microfilters mate. if you're getting repeated problems with them then there's something else going on causing the problem.

I'm still using the one that came with my first broadband connection in Ireland 5 years ago and I've moved house since then and it's still going fine and I've been supporting quite a few friends and family for year and never had a problem like that with them.

if you are having recurring problems that you're able to fix for a while by changing the microfilter then it's obviously that that's going wrong, but the cause of it going wrong is likely to be something else.

contact your ISP and explain the problem, maybe there's something wrong that they can see from their end.

Advertisement