Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Upgrade 3mb to 6mb / 6mb to 12mb-- did you get it yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

The price that you agreed to has not changed. This is a new pricing structure for a new range of offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Dimithy wrote: »
    The price that you agreed to has not changed. This is a new pricing structure for a new range of offers.

well i agreed to €25 a month for mine and signed a contract to that effect. can i expect a refund in the post?

(must say its great to see this thread's shortcut on the boards homepage most of the day, great advertising :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Dimithy wrote: »

With a non-existent migration for existing customers. The bottom line is, existing customers are being fleeced. If new customers were not getting the newer speeds, I would have no issue. As it is, I am on a tether with a promise of an upgrade I won't get. The more I type here, the more tempted to cancel I am.

@AntiVirus, really? What about upgrading in future? I don't doubt you but I don't see how they can downgrade you to your existing speed on a new package but can't upgrade you to the speed you should be getting for what you're paying. It must be part of the UPC customer relations manual. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

paulm17781 wrote: »
    @AntiVirus, really? What about upgrading in future? I don't doubt you but I don't see how they can downgrade you to your existing speed on a new package but can't upgrade you to the speed you should be getting for what you're paying. It must be part of the UPC customer relations manual. :rolleyes:

Yip they would down grade me but not upgrade me for some reason???

I gave up trying to get them to upgrage me last month to the new 12MB speed so I asked them to downgrade me from Ultra to the Express package and they did. They even credited me for the remainder of the month of May. I'll have to stick with the Express package for 1 month but at least I don't feel like I'm getting stung for an extra 10 euros a month.

Last time they did the automatic upgrade it was about 2 months before mine got upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

just downgrade myself from Ultra to Express.. same speed but 10 euros cheaper...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

paulm17781 wrote: »
    With a non-existent migration for existing customers. The bottom line is, existing customers are being fleeced. If new customers were not getting the newer speeds, I would have no issue. As it is, I am on a tether with a promise of an upgrade I won't get. The more I type here, the more tempted to cancel I am.

thier excellent customer service is getting a pasting on Newstalk as we speak! and there is oodles of people complaining about the nonexistant support they receive .......... they must have thrown that manual out the window you talk off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

got upgraded yesterday to 12mb download at 1400kb/s

ping 20mb

got a friend to email his ntl friend got upgraded straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

Just checked mines there now, upgraded to 12MB, I never rang up either.

digiman wrote: »
    Just checked mines there now, upgraded to 12MB, I never rang up either.

where you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

D15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

how did u guys get through the premium no with success?

I had been ringing them, all I get was automated message saying support staff busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Got a phone call yesterday telling me I'd been upgraded from 6 to 12. I don't remember contacting them to ask them to change it, but I may have done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭takumi

digiman wrote: »
    D15

am in d 15 too. i just relised my newsgroup is really unstable :S its jumping from 200kb/s to 1200, its up and down atm. duno whats up. is it stable over there?>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

no sign of uprade's here in clonmel yet.
    i rang a few weeks ago and got upgraded myself but parents gaff and brother's no luck yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I got through to the premium rate line on Fri afternoon. He told me he could not do anything for me until he spoke to his manager. He basically told me that the existing network cannot take everyone being upgraded at the one time.
    Unfortunately I'm on the 3Mb speed hoping to be upgraded to the 6Mb speed. Methinks that this group will be the very last to get upgraded.
    They will upgrade the 6Mb to 12Mb first, to dissuade people currently on 6Mb from downgrading to 3Mb (which will be upgraded to 6Mb). There is no downgrade path for the 3Mb folks which would be automatically upgraded again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭takumi

dilallio wrote: »
    I got through to the premium rate line on Fri afternoon. He told me he could not do anything for me until he spoke to his manager. He basically told me that the existing network cannot take everyone being upgraded at the one time.
    Unfortunately I'm on the 3Mb speed hoping to be upgraded to the 6Mb speed. Methinks that this group will be the very last to get upgraded.
    They will upgrade the 6Mb to 12Mb first, to dissuade people currently on 6Mb from downgrading to 3Mb (which will be upgraded to 6Mb). There is no downgrade path for the 3Mb folks which would be automatically upgraded again.
    o thats just complete bull. they told me they would be upgrading 3 meg first before the 6 megs and the woman on the line was very very certain that 6 meg would get upgraded last :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 szyslak

I got a call off them saying that the upgrade will be done by July. I asked could he not do it now and say he had no access to the upgrade system.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I got a call on Friday that I was being upgraded from 6-->12mb and to restart my router in 15 mins, voila - 12mb d/l.

I had filled in the website-request-form about 3 months ago. I'm based in lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

takumi wrote: »
    o thats just complete bull. they told me they would be upgrading 3 meg first before the 6 megs and the woman on the line was very very certain that 6 meg would get upgraded last :rolleyes:
    I hope u are right. The woman on the phone told me when I rang them 4 wks ago that I would be definately upgraded by June 1st. I rang the premium no last Friday and the guy told me that his boss would call me today to give me an update. No call. No surprise there.
    I was only guessing about which group they will upgrade first. Put it this way, if 5,000 people on the 3 Mb package call them and demand the free upgrade now, and 5,000 people on the 6 Mb package call them and demand the free upgrade to the 12 Mb package now, at least if they tell any of the 6 Mb folks that it will be next month, these people can immediately demand to be put back onto the 3Mb package and charged accordingly. Now, NTL have to downgrade them, bill them a tenner less, only to have to re-increase their speed back to 6Mb next month. This means 2 pieces of maintenance on the account for a tenner less revenue. The folks currently on 3Mb do not have the same stick to wave at NTL. If you were NTL, which one would you upgrade first ???? I really hope I am wrong on this - its only one opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I got my 12MB today. I'm in Dublin 15.

282662640.png

• Advertisement

joolsveer wrote: »
    I got my 12MB today. I'm in Dublin 15.

282662640.png

where in D15?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Hi im on the upc 12mb service and ive a netgear wireless rouer gettin slow speeds on my wireless computers, is anyone else experience this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Drapper wrote: »
    where in D15?

Clonsilla

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

chris2007 wrote: »
    Hi im on the upc 12mb service and ive a netgear wireless rouer gettin slow speeds on my wireless computers, is anyone else experience this problem

Same setup here and works fine although i did hav a couple of problems with it at first, did you try resetting the router? I found that giving them a ring was painless tbh, they even gave me the number for premium tech support and waived the €0.95c/min fee (came to €11 by the time it was sorted!)

i tryed that but its still the same and i rang both upc and the premium broadband and they told me my router isnt capable of giving up to 12 mgs so im stuck wit about 5mb on my wireless computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Chris2007: Try starting a new thread in the wireless forum about that. Have you tried changing the channel that you're on? There may be other people near by attempting to use the same or similar channel, which would cause interference for both of you. The wireless router is capable of >12mbit no problem presuming that you're connecting with an 802.11g wireless card from all machines.

i have done all that its still the same its heading wrecking at this stage.

Just did a reboot of the modem and I have been upgraded without any contact from UPC. Im in the D11 area. The operation config is now set to 0 instead of the 6mb limit that was there before.
    283222843.png

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

What modem do you have? I cant find that field on my modem.

• Advertisement

Its the NTL 250 Modem its the little purple one. Getting great speeds for torrents 600-700kbs down on well seeded torrents.

Advertisement