Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Upgrade 3mb to 6mb / 6mb to 12mb-- did you get it yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

Just got upgraded in Galway.
    I needed to fill out the form and commit to a 1 yr contract :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

committing to a 1 year contract is not really an option to me as i'll be moving out to new place in a month or two.... which means if the new place had no NTL/UPC network coverage, i'd be feck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I am eagerly awaiting my upgrade also.

I do think I was taken for a bit of a pillock though. When I got my NTL BB, end of March this year, they never said that the new speeds were coming in on April 1st. I was told that customers would be upgraded by June. Technically not a lie, but I was surprised at how quickly they were able to install the BB :o

Live and learn..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I was talking to a (very sound) guy from a totally unrelated department regarding an issue with my TV about a week ago, asked him if he'd be able to put me through to someone regarding the upgrades and he just changed it on the spot.
    Have had pretty much solid 12Mb speeds since then (in Galway)

Hopefully I can get out of the 12 month contract though, as I may be emigrating before the winter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

this is what i get when i test to limerick
    287359362.png

this to dublin.
    287359725.png
    sadly, i am not upgraded yet! they refuse to upgrade me everytime i ring them. they say july is the soonest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

bit of downtime ... and BANG ... I've been upgraded 3 - 6

Signed up again last week (after a lot of lies / stories / tales from staff telling me I'll be upgraded on the 1st june HA)

Am I happy now .. yes ... was I happy 1st of june no ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

sadly, i am not upgraded yet! they refuse to upgrade me everytime i ring them. they say july is the soonest.

It looks like you have a 22mb Connection....unless im reading that wrong you have almost double the speed of the top NTL Connection....download anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i didnt get it yet and i live in clonmel.i rang them there cause i got the bill today and it says Broadband ultra 12mb and it ws activated 6th of june.i rang them and said im still on 6mb and he said that i am activated and it will take 3 days from today and i will defo have it ...... strange!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

thegame wrote: »
    i didnt get it yet and i live in clonmel.i rang them there cause i got the bill today and it says Broadband ultra 12mb and it ws activated 6th of june.i rang them and said im still on 6mb and he said that i am activated and it will take 3 days from today and i will defo have it ...... strange!!!!

Sounds like BS! I filled out the form and rebooted my modem and I had it. Maybe unplug and re-plug modem and see if you have it. If not get back on to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Got mine. Had filled in the form on Friday (the second time, filled it in a few months back also), rebooted router just now :D

287558986.png

• Advertisement

thegame wrote: »

i too am in clonmel. but they wont upgrade me! perhaps its because i downloaded almost 1tb last month :p it just annoy's me as i want my upload speed to be what it should be.
    Col_Loki wrote: »
    It looks like you have a 22mb Connection....unless im reading that wrong you have almost double the speed of the top NTL Connection....download anyway.

i know dude. my download has always been amazing. download speeds vary from 4 - 8mb/s on rapidshare and about 1 - 2mb/s on decent seeded torrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I've just been upgraded from 6 to 12 in the past few minutes in Dublin 1.

I filled out the form when it originally went live but filled it in again last night on the off chance it might make a difference - looks like it has. I'd suggest anyone that's still waiting for the upgrade and hasn't filled in the form in the past few weeks to go fill it in now.

287839103.png

Moriarty wrote: »
    I'd suggest anyone that's still waiting for the upgrade and hasn't filled in the form in the past few weeks to go fill it in now.

I was waiting on principal but I filled in the form on Friday and was instantly upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

[...]I'd suggest anyone that's still waiting for the upgrade and hasn't filled in the form in the past few weeks to go fill it in now.

What form?!?!?

http://www.upc.ie/contact/upgradebroadband/

^ That one. It's linked off the "broadband faster speeds now available" link on the main page. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,989 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i got my upgrade 2 days after filling in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭col123

i filled out the form yesterday,
    i immediately got an email stating that i would receive a 2nd email when my speeds had been doubled,
    i didnt receive the 2nd email yet but as recommended here i rebooted modem today anyway (plugged out power for 30 secs),
    .....and now have the new speeds.

6mb -> 12mb (24hrs after filling out web form)

I never got a second mail, I just rebooted and it worked. :)

Aye, I never received a mail either, they remotely rebooted the modem themselves during the afternoon.

You can see them doing that by going to the cable modem's status/log page and looking for a mention of "docsDevResetNow" in the logfile.

http://www.upc.ie/contact/upgradebroadband/

^ That one. It's linked off the "broadband faster speeds now available" link on the main page. :)
    Sound! Will give that a go! Cheers lads! ;)

• Advertisement

Oups! Forgot to ask! Any gamers (FPS Games - CoD4 preferably) out there got the upgrade from 3MB to 6MB? Did it affect your ping in any way?

I LOVE my ping right now and wouldn't want to mess it up just to get faster download speeds! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Oups! Forgot to ask! Any gamers (FPS Games - CoD4 preferably) out there got the upgrade from 3MB to 6MB? Did it affect your ping in any way?

I LOVE my ping right now and wouldn't want to mess it up just to get faster download speeds! :eek:

Your ping won't change to much if at all man ;) . I noticed I used to get 24ms steady to the dublin speedtest server, that was just before they started the upgrades. Now I am getting about 30 ms. I don't think its the fact that i have upgraded, its just that the upgrade in general has put a bit more of a strain on the network, just my theory, could be completely wrong.

287915641.png

My ping times have reduced since the upgrade. Recently I had bad ones but they've been low since the upgrade.

Thank you for your feedback christophicus & paulm17781! I think I'll fill that form in now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Didn't know about the form 'til I went to their website. I would have thought it was fairer to simply upgrade existing customers automatically rather than rely on them finding the form.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Didn't know about the form 'til I went to their website. I would have thought it was fairer to simply upgrade existing customers automatically rather than rely on them finding the form.

If people don't fill in them form, UPC charge more for less bandwidth, it is in their interests. Woeful customer service though it may be. I would think everyone will get upgraded eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Still not upgraded in clonmel.filled out the form last may and also last week again online.rang them again today and said it will take a few days and ill have it.they have been saying that for a while now!

join the club thegame. been wayy too long since i filled out the form. too many calls now they just tell me to go away

I filled the form in earlier this evening so I hope it will be sone in the next couple of days... We'll see! I'll let you know either way ;)

• Advertisement

I filled the form in earlier this evening so I hope it will be sone in the next couple of days... We'll see! I'll let you know either way ;)

Reboot your modem.

Advertisement