Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Upgrade 3mb to 6mb / 6mb to 12mb-- did you get it yet?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Had waited to get my 3 - 6 upgrade ... got it a week+ ago ... then I see its now at 10mb ? .. :D ARGH! ...

Filled in the form again yesterday ... now on 10 ... I'm a happy camper

• Registered Users Posts: 19,985 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i didnt need to fill in form second time :)

now getting 10mb for 30 lids, was paying 50 for 2mb :p

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭narnar2000

...don't know what the story is, but for the last couple of weeks, I've had completely crappy NTL speeds. I filled in the form on their site, and received an email on 11 July stating that I had been upgraded (was on 3Mbit, should be upgraded to 10...)

But still no upgrade. Just really crappy speeds, far worse than pre-upgrade. I've unplugged the modem and left it off for 2 mins, but no difference. I also reset the defaults on the modem and it did a soft reboot itself, but still no difference... just crappy speeds and crappy pings...

Anyone else experienced the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

odie2020 wrote: »
    I was on the 12mb so i just rang them on their support number 1550 924 124 and now 20mb...:D

why is their support number a premium rate number? I've always used 1908 to get through (eventually) - is the premium rate a quicker way?

narnar2000 wrote:
    I've unplugged the modem and left it off for 2 mins, but no difference. I also reset the defaults on the modem and it did a soft reboot itself, but still no difference... just crappy speeds and crappy pings...

had this problem for the last week - I'm on 20mb service was getting only 3mb - it fixed itself last nite after a call to their tech support - which could be a coincidence seen as they said someone would ring me within 2 days..

edit: crap, gone back down to 3mb

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

I got a ntl bill for July, there was a price change notice in it. It informed me that I was on 2Mb Broadband light at €25 euro a month and that they have now moved me to UPC Broadband Light at €27.50 a month.

It says " This new Broadband Light service is 3 times faster then your current service with speeds up to 6MB this replaced your 2Mb service which is no longer available. The monthly usage cap will also increase to 50 GB. The speeds will be implemented in early July 08"

I had not contacted ntl so it looks like it is being upgraded automatically. So looks like I am paying another €2.50 a month for something I did not reqeust. 2Mb is all I needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

dublinhead wrote: »
    I got a ntl bill for July, there was a price change notice in it. It informed me that I was on 2Mb Broadband light at €25 euro a month and that they have now moved me to UPC Broadband Light at €27.50 a month.

It says " This new Broadband Light service is 3 times faster then your current service with speeds up to 6MB this replaced your 2Mb service which is no longer available. The monthly usage cap will also increase to 50 GB. The speeds will be implemented in early July 08"

I had not contacted ntl so it looks like it is being upgraded automatically. So looks like I am paying another €2.50 a month for something I did not reqeust. 2Mb is all I needed.
    You could always ring up and request to be put on the 3Mb package and it will only cost you 20 euros a month saving you a fiver.
    Or fill in this form http://www.upc.ie/contact/upgradebroadband/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i dont think i need to upgrade at the moment have a look at the pictures below LoL .I cant tell you what i do if i did i'd have to kill you :pac:all i can say is that in the time it took me to post this , Ive down loaded the entire back catalogue of THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY

http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08301/speed_download_2343.png
    http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08301/speed_upload_2401.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

You stole all of your neghbours phone lines, illegally enables them and shunted the signal to your house. Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

dubdvd wrote: »
    i dont think i need to upgrade at the moment have a look at the pictures below LoL .I cant tell you what i do if i did i'd have to kill you :pac:all i can say is that in the time it took me to post this , Ive down loaded the entire back catalogue of THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY

http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08301/speed_download_2343.png
    http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08301/speed_upload_2401.png

You have a 50mb Eircom broadband line?? wtf?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

benifa wrote: »
    You have a 50mb Eircom broadband line?? wtf?? :eek:

thats a work network, St James Hospital is on the top of the first image?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Drapper wrote: »
    thats a work network, St James Hospital is on the top of the first image?? :rolleyes:

haha!

Got my upgrade to 20meg without having to do anything. I'm in love at the moment. 2.2mb download speed. Boooya!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭narnar2000

well I eventually got my upgrade, after a dozen calls to their premium line (don't call after 7pm...)

that's a bit more like it:

302395733.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Why are people calling the premium rate number? It's for PC support and it's expensive. They have a free phone number, use it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I filled out the form to upgrade from my 6MB Ultra package to 20MB but it's only 10MB. I got an email to say that I'd been successfully upgraded. I'll have to give them a call tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

have you restarted the UPC modem? (i.e. power it off a minute, then let it reinitialise the connection).

I did indeed sir and no luck. :(

Strange just tested it again and now it's 14Mbps!

Advertisement