Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Point Notification

Options
  • 03-06-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

I received a fixed fine of €60 and 1 penatly point which I duly paid. I got a letter stating that in relation to fixed charge NRA-blah-blah and license number <insert_license_number> receipt has been made. Is this notification of my penalty point or do I get a seperate letter stating the fact? I've heard of stories of them arriving six months later, etc.

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

jayok wrote: »
    I received a fixed fine of €60 and 1 penatly point which I duly paid. I got a letter stating that in relation to fixed charge NRA-blah-blah and license number <insert_license_number> receipt has been made. Is this notification of my penalty point or do I get a seperate letter stating the fact? I've heard of stories of them arriving six months later, etc.

Ta.

Isn't the notification about the penalty point on the bottom of the 1st letter you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

ojewriej wrote: »
    Isn't the notification about the penalty point on the bottom of the 1st letter you got?

Not really - it states that 1 penatly point will be endorsed on driving license not that is has. Do I get a record of when this is being applied as I would like to let the insurance co know of the date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

how come it was €60?

I was fined €80 when I got points.

dubmick wrote: »
    how come it was €60?

I was fined €80 when I got points.

Bulk discount :D

Seriously, it was only 1 point for making an illegal right turn between the hours of 7-10am at 9:20am. I'd imagine this is less of a fine that say speeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

yeah that must be it, I got 2 points for speeding...91 in an 80 zone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

jayok wrote: »
    Not really - it states that 1 penatly point will be endorsed on driving license not that is has. Do I get a record of when this is being applied as I would like to let the insurance co know of the date?

Yeah, I just had a look. I was thinking about "penalty point intercept" on the back of the payment slip.

The letter itself clearly says that you should get the point notice after you pay your fine.

So give it time then - it's probably on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You get another one from the DoT after the event, mine only took about a week after the payment confirmation, IIRC, but I've heard of them taking ages.

77 in a 60 on a dualler in open countryside that I'd always mistakenly thought was 80 as it links a motorway with a road at 80... oopsie.

Advertisement