Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballyfree chicken breast

• 03-06-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

course they taste good that will be the msg!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone eat these (the packet variety) or are you better off actually buying chicken breast ad cooking it yourself? and if so are they basically just cooked chicken breast. I tried the spicy salsa and Chicken Tikka versions before and they taste darn good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Rich mans chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone eat these (the packet variety) or are you better off actually buying chicken breast ad cooking it yourself? and if so are they basically just cooked chicken breast. I tried the spicy salsa and Chicken Tikka versions before and they taste darn good

I used to eat these every day, as i prefer eating my required protein rather than shakes...as a previous poster said, it hits you hard in the pockets...but then i discovered Lidl...you can get 150g of chicken for E1.89, there are other varieties too...and another thing, their beef is the same price as above for 125g...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

Just a quick one about the Ballyfree packs. I generally buy a couple of packs a week, and when I have to work late, I would generally make a chicken salad out of one of them when I get home.
    My question is; is eating a whole pack with a decent portion of salad too much chicken to be eating for a single portion.
    I think they are 150g per pack (can't recall).

Should I stick to about half a pack for a single meal?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gurlzie1

NicheG wrote: »
    Just a quick one about the Ballyfree packs. I generally buy a couple of packs a week, and when I have to work late, I would generally make a chicken salad out of one of them when I get home.
    My question is; is eating a whole pack with a decent portion of salad too much chicken to be eating for a single portion.
    I think they are 150g per pack (can't recall).

Should I stick to about half a pack for a single meal?

thanks

A chicken breast that is 100g is approx 120 cals which I would have in one serving with salad or veg. Check the pack and see what one serving is and also look at the amount of cals, I think that the Ballyfree chicken has about the same amount of cals per 100g as regular chicken?

150g is probably a bit much for one meal, I'd save 1/3 of the pack and just have 100g with salad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

Gurlzie1 wrote: »
    A chicken breast that is 100g is approx 120 cals which I would have in one serving with salad or veg. Check the pack and see what one serving is and also look at the amount of cals, I think that the Ballyfree chicken has about the same amount of cals per 100g as regular chicken?

150g is probably a bit much for one meal, I'd save 1/3 of the pack and just have 100g with salad.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna maybe cut down to half a pack per serving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone eat these (the packet variety) or are you better off actually buying chicken breast ad cooking it yourself?

IMHO there are too many undesirable added ingredients in those packets of chicken.It's much healthier to do the cooking yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

All depends on goals and current size, what else you are eating etc.

I used to eat 400g packs of chicken breast for lunch before. Regularly eat a half chicken, sometimes a small full one. You can get twin packs of ready cooked whole chickens pretty cheap in dunnes. I always get comments about "eating too much", usually from people sitting down to 1000kcal+ white baguettes stuffed with crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gurlzie1

rubadub wrote: »
    All depends on goals and current size, what else you are eating etc.

I used to eat 400g packs of chicken breast for lunch before. Regularly eat a half chicken, sometimes a small full one. You can get twin packs of ready cooked whole chickens pretty cheap in dunnes. I always get comments about "eating too much", usually from people sitting down to 1000kcal+ white baguettes stuffed with crap.

Fair point, the amount will depend on goals. I'm cutting at the moment and am on 1500 cals per day so have less than 100g chicken or other meat per serving with salad or veg to keep cals down.
    I was assuming that OP is watching the calories so suggested what an average serving might be for one meal.

Don't know how you could eat 400g chicken breast, nothing wrong with it if it fits in with your goals but I would be full after 1/2 of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Fair point, the amount will depend on goals. I'm cutting at the moment and am on 1500 cals per day so have less than 100g chicken or other meat per serving with salad or veg to keep cals down.
    Yes, fine with salads, I was eating more of it in place of bread. A slice of bread can be the same kcal as a full fillet. And I find the extra fillet more satisfying.
    Don't know how you could eat 400g chicken breast, nothing wrong with it if it fits in with your goals but I would be full after 1/2 of that!
    Many would be full on 200g, and that is only around 250kcal, most would not be full on 2 slices of bread.

I do love my chicken, feel embarrassed getting it sometimes! Go to the butchers and ask for 20 fillets -"great day for your big BBQ!" and me replying "ehhh, yeahhhh, big BBQ" :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement