Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remove Nissan Almera 2001 Front dash

Options
  • 03-06-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all, just got a new GPS system and would like to run the unsightly cables behind the dash of a nissana almera 2001.

Does anyone know how i should go about this or is it something best kept for the professionals...know it can be done as Taxi i was in recently was same make car as mine and had his GPS wires nicely concealed behind the dash.

Any advice would be appreciated..
    Thanks
    Duff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sounds like a big job alright. I have the same type of car and I've no idea how to remove the dash, but it doesnt look easy.

But you never know, it might not be that bad. I recently tore open my laptop and put it back together and not so long ago I would have thought that was a big complicated job.

With a bit of luck it might be the same with the dash.

At the top of your dashboard, in the centre, is there a flip up panel? Maybe the bottom of that could be removed or something and the cables fed down. Or I guess the cheaper way would be to get some sticky things to keep the cable tight against the dash and run it down to wherever you need to connect it (the cigarette lighter I assume?)

Advertisement