Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC-2-360 Video Transfer via USB

• 03-06-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I have quite a few series of TV show on my PC. Wondering if I can transfer episodes via a USB to store and view on the 360's HD and will file format matter?

They are Xvid files.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Can't be done, unfortunately - you can stream videos to the Xbox, or play them from an attached USB drive / memory stick. To date there is no way to save them from these devices to the 360's Hard Drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Any other solutions?

What about that media centre carryon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

TVersity is quite good, easy to set up and plays everything. Problems with subs and language tracks though.

Make sure you set it up right though, I dont know what I did but the server part of it was running on startup without the front end, I had it unprotected so some internet **** were leeching movies off my computer and using all my bandwith.

Only realised it when I checked network utilization in my firewall and saw the process, stopped it in msconfig and everything is fine now.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, TVersity, great app :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'd agree on the TVersity thing, it's great for streaming videos / music from PC to the 360 (or any other device, really).

The big advantage is that if you have a media file type that isn't supported on the XBox, and your PC has enough welly, TVersity will automatically transcode (convert) them as you stream it, so the XBox will recognize the file and play it.

Since the last Update, most DivX/XviD files stream directly to the XBox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EmmettF

I use an external hard drive, formatted to fat32, hooked up to my xbox via usb. Xbox plays divx and xvid no probs. Just plug it into my computer when i want to put any new videos on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement