Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway gates

Options
  • 03-06-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for driveway gates.
    Where can I get them in the Westmeath location or Dublin if I must.
    Also how much can I expect to pay for your bog standard steel, metal, iron gates. I have an average size opening, I would say by the looks of it its 10 - 11 foot wide.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭SteM

We were quoted E750 for a bog standard similar size set last year. Never went ahead with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Thanks steM, If they are around that price Ill be waiting until next year for them or try to pick them up second hand.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I have been quoted €1600 for 12ft gate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for driveway gates.
    Where can I get them in the Westmeath location or Dublin if I must.
    Also how much can I expect to pay for your bog standard steel, metal, iron gates. I have an average size opening, I would say by the looks of it its 10 - 11 foot wide.

Thanks all

I got a fabulous pair of gates (practically new) for €200. I put an ad on adverts.ie and add.ie and buyandsell.ie.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Slipperyvin

Steamjetjoe,

I have a brother that used to work in the metal business, let me know the measurements of the drive-way and ill see what the going rate would be.

Also, have you considered a wooden gate, heres an example of what i mean, http://www.customgateonline.com/installation/images/wood_gates_isoview.gif

Slip:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement